Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

algor problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pquenzi
323 Views, 6 Replies

algor problem

I have IV2014 installed and had Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2013 installed. They worked fine together up until today when I tried to launch simulation from an Inventor model. I got the message shown in attachment. I tired to open the file from within Simulation Mech 2013 but that would not work either. I uninstalled Simulation Mech 2013 and installed Simulation Mech 2014 and got the same message when I tried to launch Simulation Mech 2014 from Inventor 2014. However I can access the model from within Mech Simulation 2014 and analyze it so I am not dead in the water. Is there a fix for this or is it no longer possible to access Simulation from within Inventor? Thanks. Phil

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: pquenzi

We use this every day.

Have you installed Service Pack 1 and Update 2 for Inventor?

Have you installed Service Pack 1 for Autodesk Simulation Mechanical?

If so, I would first try a Repair Install on both.

You say they worked fine until today.

I recommend creating Windows Restore points before installation of any software and after verification that all is working correctly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
blair
in reply to: JDMather

No problems here with 2014 IV and 2014 Sim Mech. Don't have any ideas as to why Sim Mech is throwing up the error. You might post it on the Sim-Mech user forum. Possibly try logged in as a different user. Try your System Admin account for the machine and see if it works (just quessing).

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 7
pquenzi

Perhaps it has something to do with updating my graphics card driver a week or so ago to try to get rid of ghost images that show up in 2014 but never did in previous releases. The updated driver did reduce the instnaces of ghost images. If I restore to prior to that date, would I loose that updated graphics card driver? Thanks. Phil.

Message 5 of 7
blair

Graphics card drivers should be affecting DLL's in completely different directories. You might try a system re-boot but it looks like Sim-Mech needs to be re-registered.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 7
pquenzi

I have rebooted a number of times. What do you mean by re registered? Thank you. Phil

Message 7 of 7
blair

Certain DLL's need to be registered with Windows. It looks like this DLL and become un-registered somehow. I don't know what the procedure is for Sim-Mech to re-register Sim-Mech. You should post this on the Sim-Mech forum. Someone might have the instructions or log a support case with Autodesk if you are on Subscription.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report