Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

again open loop problem (sketch doctor)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
greetinginventor
2455 Views, 4 Replies

again open loop problem (sketch doctor)

Hi,

I've found and read threads about sketch doctor and closing loop but anyway can't solve my current problem. I'm trying to import a test file of vectors saved in Aspire as DXF to Inventor. I attach the Inventor messages please point me out of the problem.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: greetinginventor

Attach the ipt file here.

(you might zip and attach the dxf file too)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
arto.ww

I had similar problem when I was importing dxf into sketch. My problem was that I didn't notice to check the box Constrain Endpoints when importing.

Message 4 of 5
greetinginventor
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you,

I attached the files.

I also had the "Constraint End Point" checked properly on importing. This only helps (in my case) to have the curved parts of the sketch being closed-looped. To my surprize, the straight lines remain with problem of some kind. Perhaps their endpoints are not combined and I failed to figure it out how to do it. It seems that Inventor does not let me do it for unknown (to me) reasons.

Actually this is an old question I always failed to solve. Hope with your help finally get it done.

Message 5 of 5
JDMather

I tried several different techniques and found 2 that worked.  I will only explain the easy way.

In AutoCAD delete the extraneous lines.

Use the Join command to join the profile.

Explode the profile, save the file and close.

In Inventor start a new sketch on the XZ plane and then click the ACAD Insert icon.

Go through the wizard and be sure to select Constrain Endpoints.

Should Extrude fine now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report