Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise on getting the bevel right..

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
cahoe
698 Views, 7 Replies

Advise on getting the bevel right..

I've got a semi-complex drawing from sketchup of an geometric telefoneboothkindathing. The measurement from sketchup is all over the place and to no use. So I end up with one serious problem.

The top and righthand side connects and is together cut of to make a new angle on which a little piece of front is surposed to mate on.

Now I can't figure out the degrees of  bevel on respectivly the top part and righthand part to form an unison plane on wich to constrain the front piece.

Any advice?

either way.. have a very nice weekend. Here the sun is shining.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: cahoe

I would use multi-body solids technique.

Attach your ipt file here if you get stuck.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
cahoe

Hmmm.. "the multi-body solid techique" sounds HOT!

Just not quite clear on what that implies..?

In the mean time I've got stuck so any analytic skills used on the attached file would be very very helpfull.

Thanks in advance and by chance 😉

Message 4 of 8
jddickson

Here is something that might help you. This is probably not the easiest or the fastest way to do this but it will give you all the finished angles you need. The only reason for doing anything like this would be to figure out something with mutable compounding angles.

1st out of one part you can make the make the inside shape of your enclosure.

2nd use the thicken/offset command on every face.

3rd you can use the measure angle between the thickness /  2 and repeat that’s how you can get all of your angles

Attached I used your files to make an example. I made a surface using one of your parts. I would not suggest making your inside shape that way. I just did it that way because I didn’t have a clue what your finished product needed to look like.

I hope that made some kind of sense and help you in some kind of way...

Message 5 of 8
cahoe
in reply to: jddickson

Dear JD..

You really got out of your way to help me here .. thanks.

Have been away from the project a while and have just looked at your file and it is very interessting even tho it's clearly a little bit outta my league. But I'm shure this will lead me to valuable insights to pro handling of inventor.. Thanks a LOT! 😉
Message 6 of 8
cahoe

Actually some of things you have used to do this is so interessting that I would consider paying you to do a videotut 😉

Any good leads to learning materials btw?
Message 7 of 8
jddickson

Cahoe,

Thank you.

This video is similar to some of the things I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaJE6N3jHXE

Thanks

JD

Message 8 of 8
cahoe

Pretty darn awesome.. thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report