Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.adsklib

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ADNpati
3528 Views, 4 Replies

.adsklib

Hi There,

Is there any way we can use .adsklib (library file from inventor) from inventor in 3ds max as mateliarl library???

Please help me with this.

Thanks..

Mechanical Engineer
Inventor Applications Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bward
in reply to: ADNpati

To pile on this question, can I export a DWG 3D file from Revit and provide a person using 3D Max the adsklib file and have the materials mapped?

Message 3 of 5
ADNpati

we cant use .adsklib in max but I found a way to get custom inventor materials to 3ds max matelrials and to layers

we have to use STANDARD AUTODESK MATERIAL items.

Copy a STANDARD AUTODESK MATERIAL and remane it required custom name and flick with changes you want. 

And when you open the Inventor file with custom materials applied in 3ds max, you will see the Autodesk standard material name in layers and you can do from there

If anybody want a detail procedure reply me.

Mechanical Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 5
mitcham_boy

Hi ADNpati ..
Let me see if i understand correct ..
So i rename and edit a standard material to make it customised. When i open the file in 3DS i lose the customisation but the original standard material definition is retained.
Have i understood correct?
Message 5 of 5
ADNpati
in reply to: mitcham_boy

Hey,

Yes, thats correct. you will see Autodesk Standard Material name in Autodesk 3ds max Layers. 

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, Some KUDOS..!!

Mechanical Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report