Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjusting Assemblies Take 2

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pajamas4
202 Views, 2 Replies

Adjusting Assemblies Take 2

Hello

Is there a way to adjust the assembly and the parts automatically adjust as well??

I'm not sure if I"m doing this right.

Here's what I did so far. (Attachment with pictures and steps)

This is an assembly file of a 10' trex rafter that goes to a pergola.  Inside of the rafter is an aluminum tube.

What I'm trying to do is save and replace component to make it whatever length (ex: 12') and make the aluminum tuber extrude itself without replacing or saving it.

Picture 1: What I did as fasr was I created (place component)

Picture 2: I drew what I wanted.  Right click on the component and the sketch and hit adaptive.

Picture 3: I extruded the component

Picture 4: I placed the constranint

Picture 5: I set up the relationship of the adaptivity between the other side

I hope you understand this.

Thank you

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BarryZA
in reply to: pajamas4

I tend to go for multi-body solids for stuff like this. Don't know if it's the best but it works.

If you modelled up a part as a multi-body solid and set a view rep for the tube and then placed that view rep on a drawing sheet, those 2 files would give you a nice "adaptive" template.

You could also use the built-in make parts option to push out (derive) the 2 solids into induvidual part files and then into an assembly. So you would have your assembly driven by the original multi-body part.

So take my part, change the overall length and the internal solid will follow.

Message 3 of 3
pajamas4
in reply to: BarryZA

Hello

Can you give me the oldest verson of the file you send me.  The one you send me I couldn't open.  I'm using Inventor 2012.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report