Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADEPT

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
akt60196
1998 Views, 7 Replies

ADEPT

Is anyone using the latest version of Adept file management with Inventor? If so, does it seem to be stable? We're torn between upgrading our Adept, or switching to Vault. Any comments at all would be appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
msklein
in reply to: akt60196

First which version of IV, last time i had to interface with ADEPT it would not work with IV8 or was it IV9 therefore the company would not upgrade it's IV. It's been a couple of years now and even then it did not work that well. Why buy another product and spend unneeded money when Vault was designed to work with IV and It's included free?
msk
Message 3 of 8
skyngu

dont use adept if you can. there are a lot of trouble we are facing now. Even synergis trying to help but nothing is useful. we have to figure it out by ourself most of time.

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Message 4 of 8
coreyparks
in reply to: skyngu

My personal opinion of Adept is that it pretty much sucks ^$$.  We have many issues and no way to resolve them.  Not too mention that for some reason they decided that the way the rest of the world stores files, in a nice clean directory structure, is a bad idea and we should minimize the number of "Directories" we use.  Right now we have over 10,000 files in some of the "Directories".  It's like searching for a specific needle in a needle stack!

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 5 of 8
BromanSillito
in reply to: coreyparks

Do you still use Adept? My company recently purchased this software and we have been having some major slow-down problems in Inventor and Solidworks when using Adept. For example, I have an assembly that normally opens in about 9 seconds that takes 1minute 23 seconds to load when Adept is loaded in the Inventor add-ins. If I make that assembly's folder a work area and load it from the task pane, it takes 4 minutes 37 seconds to load. Is this normal for Adept?

Message 6 of 8
coreyparks
in reply to: BromanSillito

We still use it here on a daily basis, yay me.  We do see slower opening times, especially the first time you fire up Inventor.  It takes extra time to load every file due to the adept addin.  Do you run with 2 screens?  If so put adept on one and Inventor on the other and open an assembly.  While Inventor is opening the file you will see adept start to evaluate every file that is in the assembly as it is opening.  Adept was designed to intercept certain commands such as the save and open commands so it can track the files properly which leads to extended open and save times.  If we diable the Adept addin it speeds things up drastically and works smoother with less file linking issues, this however can cause serious file linking issues in the adept client when you go to sign files in.  If you are working on files in Inventor with Adept disabled or on files outside of an Adept work area Adept will start to break links.  This causes files to not be signed in or out properly.  All in all I wish we had a different option but this is what we are stuck with here.  Feel free and send me a private message if you would like more specific information about this or any other issues you may be experiencing.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 7 of 8
akt60196
in reply to: coreyparks

We abandoned all Autodesk products, and switched over to Solidworks, and Solidworks EPDM.
Had too many issues with Inventor, and Adept.

For a short time Inventor worked better with EPDM than it did with Adept. Also Adept was always 2 or 3 months behind when it came to software releases.

[aaron_t]
Message 8 of 8
skyngu

good move!

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report