Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

addition of (For Drawing)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cratetechdesign
263 Views, 3 Replies

addition of (For Drawing)

I was working within a model already on file.  I made numerous change to the original model (and didn't save= first mistake).  I then imported a hinge file that contained two parts.  I place both parts in the model seperately.  I then constrained them to one piece within the original model.  I then created a piece of sheet metal.  I tried to manipulate the sheet metal with a flange, and it would not allow me to select an edge.  I then tried to constrain the imported hinge part to the new sheet metal, and it would not allow me to select the hinge part.  I thought it might be a glitch, so I saved, closed out, and reopened the file.  (second mistake.)  It was after I reopened the file that I noticed that it now says (For Drawing) after the file name.  Because I saved and reopened the file, I cannot back up to where this is not the case.  How do I get back to being able to manipulate the model?  Please help!  I'm on a deadline.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: cratetechdesign

@cratetechdesign wrote:

Please help!  I'm on a deadline.

Attach your file(s) here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

Oh nevermind!  That is my own stupidity going on!  (For Drawing) is a level of drawing.  I'm still not sure why I'm having problem manipulating, but it has nothing to do with the (For Drawing).

Message 4 of 4

OK, I'm totally confused on this one.

Are you still having issues trying to modify the model?

Sounds more like a process issues as opposed to a software issue.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report