Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Content Center Libraries

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
wolterh6
14441 Views, 12 Replies

Adding Content Center Libraries

I installed Autodesk Inventor 2012 which I was able to download because I am a student. The version I downloaded however, did not install libraries for the Content Center. The first thing I though was that the Content Center was a feature reserved for purchased versions of the program, but when I head to the downloads section I saw a link to download Content Center Libraries.

I downloaded the ISO and ANSI libraries to try out, and placed them in the directory where Inventor is supposed to search for them. When I started up Inventor, the Content Center was still empty. How can I use the libraries? I suspect Inventor is not reading them because they are Inventor 2010 libraries, but I am unable to use the Update Tool - it appears greyed out.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
xiaoyan.qi
in reply to: wolterh6

Hi

you can open  the Content Cernter setting in the project-> Configure Content Center Libraries, and check whether there is available library(see my attached picture), and there is a link for Content center's library location, you can check whether you copy the Library to this location.

Let me know if it works

Thanks

Mick

Message 3 of 13
wolterh6
in reply to: xiaoyan.qi

Nah it didn't work. Take a look the screenshot I attached to give you a better perspective.Screenshot

Message 4 of 13
xiaoyan.qi

Sorry, i can't see the screenshot, can you check it?

Message 5 of 13
wolterh6

Yes of course.. can you check again? The screenshot is uploaded and embeded in my previous post.

Message 6 of 13
schae235

Did you try setting the path in the Application Options?  Under the File tab there is a place were you can put the location of the "Default Content Center Files".  You'll want that path to be where you place the files. (Change either the path or where the files are)

INV 2012 SP1
Windows 7 64 Bit
ATI FirePro V5800
14.0 GB RAM
Message 7 of 13
xiaoyan.qi

oh, i see the problem from your screenshot, you want to use the 2010 Content center library in 2012 build, it's not work for Standard Libray, it only works on Customer Library.  

you can reinstall the Content Center and select your wanted Library or download the 2012 Library files.  

Thanks

Mick

Message 8 of 13
wolterh6

I tried to select whether to download 2012 content center libraries or any other version, but I think only the 2010 version is available for dowload. Can you tell otherwise? Also, I read somewhere you could migrate content libratries from one year to another using the update tool, but as I said mine is greyed out - do you know how to fix this?

Message 9 of 13
xiaoyan.qi

I recommend you reinstall the Content center, as far as i know, there is no individual 2012 inventor library files in the web for download.

and the Update Tool only works on Customer library, but the libraries you downloaded is standard library, they are read-only, can't be migrated to 2012 by update tool. as for the update tool grey out in your machine, it's because there is no available library in your machine, you can try to create a library, the update tool should be enabled

Thanks

Mick

Message 10 of 13
wolterh6

How does that work? I can't see the download in the "Free Software" section. Can one install a 2010 Content Center and use Inventor 2012?

Message 11 of 13
xiaoyan.qi

sorry the 2012 Inventor can't use 2010 Content Center

did you download the Inventor files from Here:  http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=download_center&ptid=3 

i see there is download item for content library(see attached picture), i suppose it should be the library for 2012, can you try to download it? 

Message 12 of 13
wolterh6

As of now I can't download it, but I did download my library from that link, so let me try again when the student website is up again (tomorrow) and we'll see.

Message 13 of 13
wolterh6

I have tried again and it doesn't work. The version year selection is only effective for the application, otherwise its useless. A friend of mine who had the 2012 content library shared the files with me so now this problem is solved for me. However, it would be nice if Autodesk updated that download.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report