Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Carriage Bolts to Bolted Connection Wizard

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
setzerjd
1509 Views, 7 Replies

Adding Carriage Bolts to Bolted Connection Wizard

I would like to use the Bolted Connection Wizard to place Carriage Bolts.  Unfortunatly, they are in the Category "Other" which does not show up in the Bolted Connection Wizard.  Is there a way to move the Carriage Bolts to a different Category, or to include the "Other" Category in the Bolted Connection Wizard.  I have seen similar posts from 2010 and 2008 with the same issue, with no responses/resolution.

Bolted Conection

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mrattray
in reply to: setzerjd

I may be wrong, but I don't think the bolted connection wizard is "smart" enough for carriage bolts.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 8
pcrawley
in reply to: mrattray

Sounds like you published your coach bolts without using the correct authoring tool first:

15-08-2013 9-10-14 a-m-.jpg

This sets up the correct placement and orientation options - usually works a treat.

Peter
Message 4 of 8
setzerjd

I didn't publish anything as an iPart, I used the Material Guide to create a new part from existing ANSI Content Center

Carriage Bolt 2

Message 5 of 8
pcrawley

Did I mention iParts?

Looks like those coach bolts were not authored correctly in the default library.  You can't even place them using autodrop.  Looks like you might have to recreate the original iPart for that bolt and author it correctly.

Peter
Message 6 of 8
HericS
in reply to: pcrawley

Can we use the hardware located in the "Other" Category for the Bolted Connection Wizard?

This without creating any custom library, but simply using some of the bolts located in that Other category.

Thanks for any input on this....

Eric

Message 7 of 8
Pavel_Holecek
in reply to: HericS

Hello Eric,

The Other category is not possible to use in the Bolted Connection. Bolts in this category are difficult to place through the Bolted Connection Generator (it is not clear how to place or mate these bolts - or other limitation ). 

Pavel Holecek
Autodesk QA team
Message 8 of 8
HericS
in reply to: Pavel_Holecek

Thank you Pavel, I started to suspect that, 

Really appreciate your input,

Eric

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report