Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding basic material

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jsr
Contributor
487 Views, 1 Reply

Adding basic material

I am trying to add a "second" material and need some help.

as an example: If I am making a sheet metal part out of steel the material propety will read out "steel" for pshycal propety this is fine, but if I need my buyer to shop the metalplate he will need to know that it is a 2mm steel plate according to standard S235JR and possibly also our catalog number for this raw material.

Is there anyway to make a Raw material database and adding this material to the part?

Kind Regards
Jens

Inventor Professional 2012
Vault Professional 2012
Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mflayler2
in reply to: jsr

You could add it a couple different ways.

1. You could add a second material that is more descriptive of what you need in the Styles Editor and Styles Lirary

2. You could record your additional information into another iProperty like Stock Number or Vendor or even create a new Custom iProperty and call it Raw Material Classification and then record that value in the same area as your Material.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report