Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Barcode to a drawing

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
feldwill
10339 Views, 13 Replies

Adding Barcode to a drawing

Is there a way to add barcode to a drawing which is a translation of Drwg. #.
I saw iPropWiz program but don't know if that's the way to go.

Thanks
W
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
mcgyvr
in reply to: feldwill

Yes, you simply need to have the bar code font in your windows font folder then place text and use the parameter you want and change its font to your barcode font.. Don't forget if using code 39 or whatever you might need to put an asterisk before and after the parameter (for stop and start signals)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 14
BMiller63

another tip is to set the start and stop asterisk to a smaller size if that's the convention, see attached
Message 4 of 14
MaxU77

Bmiller63,
Does the font "IDAutomationC39M" free?
MaxU77,
AI2011 Certified Associate
(Soft: PDSU2012, VP2012&VP2013)
Message 5 of 14
BMiller63

I don't recall where I got them, but most likely installed with some other application.
Here is the website, there are at least some free ones here:
http://www.idautomation.com/fonts/
Message 6 of 14
delineryan

This font file works too.

Ryan
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
Message 7 of 14
mboelke
in reply to: delineryan

We are currently using Code 39 as the font for our bar code on our drawings.  If we want to create a pdf of the drawing we must eliminate this field off our drawing and then create the pdf.  I have tried the font Free 3 of 9 and it will work when I create the pdf but our bar scanners can not read it.

Does anyone know why creating a pdf with the font Code 39 on the drawing would crash Inventor?

We are currently using IV 2011 but it also did this in IV 2010.  We will be upgrading to IV 2012 soon.

Dell Precision T5500

64-bit Windows 7 Pro SP1

Intel Zeon X5550 @ 2.67GHz

Nvidia Quadro FX 4600

Message 8 of 14
Raider_71
in reply to: mboelke

Hi I was doing a bit of research regarding this and found the follwing website that might be of help: http://www.barcodingfonts.com/embed-barcode-pdf.htm

It looks like you need a special fornt for that to work.

Cheers

Pieter

Message 9 of 14
mboelke

I found that if I use PDF Creator it will embed the font Code 39.  It will only not work if I export the pdf from Inventor.

Message 10 of 14
swhite

Yah, inventor's pdf leaves a lot to be desired. I use the free bullzip printer to create all my pdf's, plus you can print as a jpeg, tiff, etc too. plus they have a few other nifty ones like pdf to word.

http://www.bullzip.com/

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 11 of 14
scottmoyse

Use a font as mcgyvr & the others said. Then you will need to set up a text style in your drawing which will use that font. From there you will need to create a custom iProperty, then when you fill in the value for that property type in:

=*<propertyname>*

Where propertyname is the name of the property you would like the barcode scan result to be. I've included the required asterisks assuming the use of the 3of9 or 3of9extended barcode fonts. Depending on the 3of9 font you use, you may need the extended version if your property contains special ASCII characters.

Then insert your custom property where ever you need it on your drawing.. title block, custom parts list, balloons, symbols....

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 12 of 14
mboelke
in reply to: scottmoyse

Yes, it exports well as a pdf using PDFCreator.  Code 39 font has no ill effects on it.

Message 13 of 14
cindy313

sorry for reply as it is sovled ! i just wondered must it be coe 39 ? how about any another ones?

Message 14 of 14
cindy313

@mboelke wrote:

Yes, it exports well as a pdf using PDFCreator.  Code 39 font has no ill effects on it.

if there is ,what ill effects it is

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report