Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a mass to an assembly

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
710 Views, 1 Reply

Adding a mass to an assembly

Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to analyze a small satellite for a trade study I am doing. I am only worried about the structure of the satellite for my study so I don't need to analyze any of the flight components that are in the structure but I will need to include the masses of these components. Is there a way that I can simplify my analysis to remove these components while keeping their masses. I have heard from other people in my department that in FEMAP you can add a point mass and add rigid links to the part of my structure that it would attach to and I was wondering if something similar can be done with inventor or if there is another way to add these masses without just making simplified boxes with the mass and running them through the analysis as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Wish it was available in Inventor as with stand-alone FEA programs, unfortunately Inventor looks at the components, location and mass of the components within the assembly. Other than use your full IAM with all the components, any other ways to simplify the model may produce incorrect results. Possibly creating a FEA friendly model with simple shapes (easier to mesh) with the correct mass may get you "close enough" results.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report