Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a custom layer in inventor drawings

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Bob.Shearer
1342 Views, 5 Replies

Adding a custom layer in inventor drawings

How can I add a custom layer for ballooning changes on inventor drawings while the parts are being developed. The changes need to be tracked. After the parts are released the ballooning is removed from the drawing and the basic revsions take over after that. It would be great to be able to do the ballooning of the changes with a specific line that is placed on this layer. Is there a way to accomplish this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Bob.Shearer

Manage tab...Styles Editor in the Styles and Standards section.

You just need to ensure you select that layer when placing your text/balloon or whatever.. Then you can turn it off when you need to .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
jddickson

I agree with mcgyvr that you can do it that way.  Another way to do it is on the Annotate tab under Format.  There is an edit layers button where you add and change layers anyway you want (It takes you to the same place as the Styles Editor). The other thing that you can do under the format tab is there is a drop down list of all the layers you can turn on and off. 

Message 4 of 6
Bob.Shearer
in reply to: jddickson

Is there a way to create an icon that when you click on it, it starts the line command and places it and any text on that specific layer?

Message 5 of 6
jddickson

I don’t know if this will help but you can put in everything you want on the default layer. After you get done you can highlight everything you want at one time and put it on whatever layer you want (you can hold down Ctrl button and pick everything you want).  On the Annotate tab under Format there is a layer drop-down list. After you have everything highlighted just go the drop-down list and pick what layer you want it on.  I know that’s not what you were asking for but it’s an easy workaround.  

Message 6 of 6
Bob.Shearer
in reply to: jddickson

Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess what I am searching for is a solution that does not have to many steps. Is there a way to create an icon that will create a sketch with a spline line on a specific layer. If there are to many steps to create the feature, no one will use it. As is stands now everyone does this task there own way and it takes forever to find every highlighted revision. Is there a way to accomplish creating a icon that would resolve the issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report