Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Showcase to PDSU 2015 Workflow

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rdyson
441 Views, 6 Replies

Add Showcase to PDSU 2015 Workflow

Is there any way to do this. 

I installed PSDU before Showcase became available. I'm not sure is uninstalling and reinstalling would be of any use.

PDSU 2016
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
blair
in reply to: rdyson

I wish, it used to. There might be a add-in/update from ADSK to correct this. There was so much backlash at the last minute announcement to drop Showcase for the PDSU2015. I liked the "immersive" workflow which checked the Inventor model for updates when you opened it in Showcase.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 7
rdyson
in reply to: blair

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that Showcase will not link to Inventor parts or assemblies without being part of the PDS Workflow paradigm. That would seem to be a regression in my opinion and merit a hotfix.

PDSU 2016
Message 4 of 7
dragondesign

If you are on subscription. There is a special link to download an installer that will install Showcase with the same serial # as the PDSU. It is the one that has the Install only link.

If you installed Showcase another way and could not get it to register. Uninstall it before using this installer.

Dell T3500 - Intel Xeon W3503, 2.4GHz
12 gb Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 580
Win 7 Professional 64, Inventor 2013 Ultimate

Dell XPS M1530 Intel Core2Duo 2.4GHz
6 gb Ram, Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT
Win 8 Pro 64, Inv 2013 Ultimate
Message 5 of 7
blair

No, you are not wrong. The "Immersive" was dropped with PDSU2015 which allowed for Showcase to look at the Inventor file and make only the updates needed. You only got this "Immersive" if you used the PDSU menu to open Showcase and import the Inventor file. Because Showcase was added at the end, this I hope is the reason this functionality was left out. I hope that a SP or Hot-Fix will add it at a sooner than later date.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 7
rdyson
in reply to: blair

Thanks for the confirmation Blair

PDSU 2016
Message 7 of 7
JoyceZhou

Thanks for all your feedbacks, it's valuable!

I will log you suggestion to add the Showcase related workflow back to PrDU Launchpad in our tracking system and send to Suite team.

Thanks!

Joyce-Jinghua Zhou

Inventor QA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report