Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
Mark_Wigan
Message 11 of 13 (99 Views)

Re: Add parameters in a general Table

03-13-2014 05:31 AM in reply to: kestutis.platkunas

hi i am sorry if you already looked at this but have you found the flat pattern "extents" useful for your requirements? see attached...

this is available as soon as you create a flat pattern and then you can extract it to wherever you need it (eg Boms, parts list etc) from your iproperties.

best regards,
- Mark

PDSU 2014 Windows 8.1, 64bit. (Kudo or Tag as Solved if your issue is sorted)

kestutis.platkunas
Message 12 of 13 (91 Views)

03-13-2014 05:49 AM in reply to: Mark_Wigan

Hi i found this, but this is not correct. Extents calculates only the whole area, so if you have holes or some cuts it will not effect surface area. Still have not found sollution for this.

I insert example picture.

Contributor
GubianiA
Message 13 of 13 (52 Views)

03-17-2014 12:11 AM in reply to: GubianiA

>In our company we have a procedure to extract some data from assemblies (a kind of BOM) in txt format, and use it for upload these data in the >management software we have. This txt file is a customized table where we recall some parameters from parts and assemblies, all created with Creo. >These parameters are for example: issue date, last revision, drawn by, checked by, weight, ecc. and are not created in standard parts (I mean parts from >libraries) but in parts and assemblies created from zero. To do this we've created a template with all parameters inside it.

>I've tried in Inventor using a parameter inserted in File->Proprieties and one created in Manage->Parameters but with no results.

>We want to do the same thing in Inventor because we need to use the same txt file format. As I told before in Creo you can use the syntax $param_name >to "print" the parameter value.

Any suggestion about this?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.