Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add iPart Row from iAssembly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Xiffix
304 Views, 4 Replies

Add iPart Row from iAssembly

Hello guys,

I have a quick question, and i have been looking on the web for answers but i dont understand most of the VB and API stuff.

I have an iAssembly in were there are some iParts. I want to add a new row to one of the iParts with one edited parameter(height).

I hope my question is clear enough,

Thanks,

Xiffix

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: Xiffix

I don't see why you can't. I update and change my iparts/iassemblies ..spreadsheet driven parts and assemblies all the time. If everything is close and you open the one that you'd like to add the parameter too. Then re-generate all the files associated with the iassembly. Mike

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Xiffix
in reply to: mdavis22569

I must have not been very clear.

I want to add the new row to my iPart from within the (i)assembly.

And use this newly made ipart in my (i)assembly.

I have an assembly with four vairables. and i want in my assembly some kind of form to add a new row to each of the iparts.

What we do now, we make an copie of the whole assembly+parts and change with an iLogic form those parameters.

But like this we have a lot of parts that are the same.

Hope its more clear now,

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: Xiffix

I don't know about the iLogic part of this (because that is not my fortea), but you have to add the members at the ipart level because they need to be generated.  Then you can add the member to the iassembly to use this newly added ipart member.  Definately a sequence that needs to be followed.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5
Xiffix
in reply to: Cadmanto

And for that exact sequence i want a iLogic/VBA thing 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report