Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-ins problem when "Run as admin" Found answer, what to do?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
221 Views, 4 Replies

Add-ins problem when "Run as admin" Found answer, what to do?

Hi!

Yesterday I wasn't allowed by inventor (the icons where grayed out) to use add-ins like "Insert Frame" and "Inventor Studio".

So I searched and tried diff things, but It didn't help.
Today I changed from run as admin to run without it and now I can use the add-ins again.

I had it changed yesterday to "Run as Admin" because I couldnt save my application options.

So I found this below but i'm not really sure what I should do exactly?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Customization/Add-in-stops-getting-events-in-Windows-8-Enterp...

EDIT:":":#:#"!::

I just noticed that nothing happens now after this when I click the Insert frame Icon.. I get no window that I used to get..

Windows 8.1

Inventor 2012

Kind regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

Well.......

You are running Inventor 2012 on an unsupported operating system.

Either downgrade to Windows 7 or upgrade your Inventor version. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Yes I know that already.

But I cannot upgrade nor downgrade, just like many other ppl.

Just wanted the solution(in the link I linked) explained so I could try that aswell.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I know that already.

But I cannot upgrade nor downgrade, just like many other ppl.

Just wanted the solution(in the link I linked) explained so I could try that aswell.

Thanks!

Well its not "cannot".. You can.. You just choose not to follow posted system requirements and now whats that costing you.. 😉

If one were to try one might simply replace 2014 with 2012 in the solution provided.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

"You just choose not to follow posted system requirements and now whats that costing you.. :smileywink:"

Yes, that is true my friend. But for what i am using it for it should not be any problems for me. Also there is work arounds and fixes.

However, I've already been told that and its not the help i'm asking for in this topic.

Sorry for late respond, I've been away.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report