Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-in manager not loading

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
David_Orchard
1024 Views, 8 Replies

Add-in manager not loading

I have a user that just recently discovered that the add-in manager does not load any more. I has been working fine for some time.

And I mean that we can't even open the add-in manager. The button is non responsive. I have tried to open it from the windows start menu and I get the message " can't create apprentice server".

Of course this effects all of the ad-ins including the CC and the vault.

I can log in as administrator and everything works fine so the install is good. I'm assuming it's got something to do with his user account settings and on that vein I tried to delete his Autodesk settings in both the registry and his user folder but with no luck.

We are running IV2010

Windows 7 x 64bit.

Regards

Dave

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi Dave,

You can use the following addin repair utility on the problematic user account to reset everything to default. Hope it helps to fix the issue.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13404176&linkID=9242018

If the problem still persists, you could also try exporting the following registry key from the admin login to the user login. This might help to fix your issue.

Steps :

Go to Start -> Run -> Regedit (to invoke registry editor)

In registry editor look for the following key,

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\ Inventor\RegistryVersionx.x (based on the inventor version)

Right click to export the registry from admin login and store it in a temp location.

You can do the same procedure and right click to delete the registry from the user login.

Then you can double click the exported registry from admin login to import them into the user login.

Hope it helps. Do let me know, if the problem persists.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 9

Hi Vinod

Many thanks for your response.

I have tried both the add-in repair utility and the registry steps but to no avail.Smiley Sad

Given that if I log in as admin and inventor works, then the problem is with the other user account. Is there a how to on deleting the user account from windows 7? Would this be an option?

I will wait for your next suggestion.

Regards

Dave

Message 4 of 9

Hi Dave,

Deleting that user account and recreating might help to fix the addin issue. However is the user account on the network or local ?. If it is on the network, you might need to contact your IT department for doing this.

If the account is local, you can use the following article to delete the user account on windows 7,

http://superuser.com/questions/63017/how-do-i-delete-an-user-profile-on-a-windows-7-machine-in-a-dom...

Hope it helps. Let me know, if the problem persists.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 5 of 9

Hi David,

Any update on this. Were you able to fix the issue. Let me know, if you need further help.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 6 of 9

HI Vinod

I've been away on Xmas leave. We tried deleting the user profile but then ran into a license issue. All our licenses are now located on two servers world wide. And all of the autodesk products could not find a license but only logged in as that particular user. So we had IT looking at it as i was going on leave. What i have heard was there is an issue in windows 7 thats tripping up this user. I will keep you updated with any news as it comes to hand.

Message 7 of 9

Hi David,

Happy New year to you. 

Is the issue resolved. Can you able to access Add in manager in Inventor. Looking forward to your reply.

thanks,

Vinod.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 8 of 9

Hi Vinod

No luck with your suggestions. I had to delete the users profile to get it to work. He is having intermittent issues with other Autodesk products as well. It has to be something to do with how Windows 7 is handling his profile.

So far so good.

Thanks for your support Vinod.

Regards

Dave

Message 9 of 9

Hi David,

Thanks for letting me know. Glad to know that everything is going good for now.

I will also check internally for any windows profile conflicts with Inventor. The only one that i could think is UAC control needs to be turned off during the time of install. This had some conflicts with product installation.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report