Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add bolt from Content Center to Bolted Connections

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
F.Goncalves
1074 Views, 5 Replies

Add bolt from Content Center to Bolted Connections

Hi,

In my work i normally use our standard full threaded rods with square nuts. But, since we make the rods and nuts in the factory, they do not follow any international standard.

I wanted to add the threaded rods to the Bolted Connection menu in order to be able to automaticaly add the rod and to let inventor calculate the needed lenght.

I was able to add the rod to content center as an Ipart with all available sizes, but it doesn't appear on the bolted connections menu.

See attached our normal bolted connection, how can I add this to bolted connection so inventor will size it automatically to the needed lenght?

Untitled.jpg

Thanks!

Consider using "Accept as Solution" / "Kudos" if you find this helpful.
--
F.Goncalves
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: F.Goncalves

Have you published these custom parts to the CC yet?

If not that needs to happen first.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
iamerm
in reply to: Cadmanto

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but...

Not all fasteners in Content Center are availble for use with Bolted Connections.  Here's an example:

A Flat Countersunk Head Elevator Bolt is in Content Center, but it's not available for use in a Bolted Connection.  Is there a way to make it available? 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: iamerm

I am having the same issue. Some bolts that I have created are not showing up in the bolted connection dialog. I have put in all the info in the author tab, and published it, but it does not show up in the Bolted Connection dialog box.

Message 5 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

A couple of things...

If you created custom hardware did you author them?

Secondly see this posting: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/custom-content-center-bolted-connections/m...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

It seems as though there was a delay in the system for some reason putting them in. Took about an hour for it to refresh or do whatever and then it showed up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report