Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a force load on CG of a designed part

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Huichen_aerograce
569 Views, 5 Replies

Add a force load on CG of a designed part

May I know how to add a force load on CG of a designed part? I have been trying to add force on CG but it keeps adding force on a plane. Any one can help me have a look? The file is attached! Warm thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I don't understand the question, how would a force load be applied to that location on the real world part?

Maybe what you want is to add a multiplier to Gravity?

Since you did extra work by not using the Hole features to create your threaded holes - they are the wrong size.  There will not be any material for the fastener threads.

Sketch1 is placed at the origin, but not constrained to the origin.  Why is this? (especially when Inventor will automatically do this for you)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6

"I don't understand the question, how would a force load be applied to that location on the real world part?

Maybe what you want is to add a multiplier to Gravity?

Since you did extra work by not using the Hole features to create your threaded holes - they are the wrong size.  There will not be any material for the fastener threads.

Sketch1 is placed at the origin, but not constrained to the origin.  Why is this? (especially when Inventor will automatically do this for you)

"

Thank you for pointing out my errors:) I just started learning inventor, so its always good to learn from the mistakes:)

For adding a force on CG, actually I am not sure about whether doing this is right or not. This structure is supposed to support a surveillance system above the four thread plane and it is also connected to a base three the key way with a hole. As stated in the question that this system will be subjected to a sideway inertia load of 2G, I am thinking this load will act on the CG.

For threaded holes, thank you for your information. But may I know what you mean by we won't have the right material? May I know how should I correct it also?

Sketch 1 is not constrained to the origin is also puzzling me! :(((

Thank you so much for your help!

Message 4 of 6

Huichen_aerograce wrote: 

For threaded holes, thank you for your information. But may I know what you mean by we won't have the right material? May I know how should I correct it also?

I didn't say you won't have the right material, I said you won't have any material for the threads.  In other words, this is like trying to screw a fastener into air - it just doesn't work.

The minor diameter of a threaded hole is signficantly smaller than the major diameter.

Try this.

Delete ONE of those holes.

Use the Hole feature command with the Threaded option and recreate the hole.

Now measure the new hole and compare the size to the other holes.

What is the difference in sizes?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 6

Thank you for your help.

But I am still confused with how to conduct a stress analysis on my part.The part is subjected to a 2G sideaway inertia load. Then how to apply this load on my part? On a certain point or distribute uniformly across the sideaway surface?

Message 6 of 6

@Huichen_aerograce wrote:

Thank you for your help.

But I am still confused with how to conduct a stress analysis on my part.The part is subjected to a 2G sideaway inertia load. Then how to apply this load on my part? On a certain point or distribute uniformly across the sideaway surface?

I'm sorry to say this, but based on the other things that have come up in this thread, I don't think it would be a good idea for you to be messing around with the stress analysis environment just yet.  You really need to have a better grounding in how Inventor works and how to use it before you start getting into that stuff.

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report