Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a box around a note number

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
2570 Views, 10 Replies

Add a box around a note number

I am creating a drawing that has some 40+ notes on it. Maybe half of these notes need to have a square, squircle, or some shape around them so I can later use that same shape enclosed number to point to a feature on the drawing that it is referencing. In the past when I had fewer notes I would just use the user symbols and losely place the squircle number in line with the other text and then use that same squircle number to point to the desired feature. The problem it is hard to align everything properly and if I move the text I then need to move the squircles.

In Pro/E I remember being able to type "@[1@]" and it would create a box around 1 in the text. Is there anything similar in Inventor?

Thanks,

Brandon

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

What if you were to create a new balloon style with these shapes?  Then save these as new styles.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

I am not sure I understand this solution. I would like to have the shape be a part of the text box. Wouldn't a balloon still be seperate?
Message 4 of 11
Cadmanto

When you talked about pointing to a feature that is when I thought of creating a custom balloon.

Why don't you post an image of exactly what you are looking for and we will go from there.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

Here is something I threw together really quickly to show as an example. The squircle's are done with the user symbol option. But their positions are not tied to anything and thus cannot be perfectly aligned and if something moves they have to be move manually.

note box.jpg

Message 6 of 11
mrattray

This is what feature identifier notes are for:

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

There's some options to customize it to suit your company's standards in the styles editor, although I'm not sure that "squircles" are an option.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: mrattray

I am not familiar with that option. The shape doesn't have to be a squircle, a square would be just fine. The issue I am having though is not about labeling the actual feature but rather with having the number in the notes having the shape around it. That way when someone is looking at the drawing they understand that that note is referencing a particular feature. In my example I have the squircle-2 symbol in the note section as well as pointing at the feature. I want the squircle-2 to be apart of the actual notes so it can be aligned properly and will move around with the notes when I move things around.
Message 8 of 11
mrattray

Like this?

Capture.JPG

I just place another feature identifier disconnected from the geometery with no leader and then put a text note next to it. It's not as simple as putting tags directly into the text line, but I think it's as close as you can get in Inventor.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: mrattray

Ok, so it is essentially the same thing I mentioned I am currently doing with the user symbols.

The bigest issue I am trying to solve is how do I align them. I have 40+ notes where half of them need a box. Even when only 2 notes need a box I have trouble aligning them as you can see in my posted example.
Message 10 of 11
mrattray

It's not very parametric but...

Capture.JPG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 11 of 11
Cadmanto

Sorry Brandon I did not get back to you yesterday.  It has been a very busy week.

Looks like Mike gave you some good suggestions.  Or at least the best for what is offered.

What I was suggesting on the balloon end would work for what you are showing because we created

a hex shape around our item numbers for specific applications.  As far as the note there is no clean method

right now.  You kind of need what the basic command does for dimensions.  This could be wrapped up into a nice idea.

Check out this idea link and cast your kudo vote.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Ability-to-add-Polygon-shapes-around-trext-in-Not...

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report