Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptivity Parenthood

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AxisMC
116 Views, 2 Replies

Adaptivity Parenthood

I use IV 10. Frequently I have to use an existing part or sub-assembly in a later created or newer assembly. I would have to edit the older part or subassembly within the newer assembly and require adaptivity of the older file within the newer assembly when so many time I get the error message to the effect of: "File is adaptive in another assembly" It is then such an almost impossible schlep to open all possible higher assemblies in the project file to try and search for this adaptivity link, in order to break it there - of course mostly unsuccessful.

Please !!! is there a way of making an enquiry about a file to know its adaptivity parenthood so that one can go there directly and break it in order to move forward with the file
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MattH
in reply to: AxisMC

Go to the document settings , there is a "Adaptively used in assembly" (ish, working from home) setting, uncheck it and try setting the new adaptivity again
Regards
MattH
Message 3 of 3
pcrawley
in reply to: AxisMC

If you are using adaptivity on sub-assemblies to override assembly constraints, try using "flexible" instead as this does not affect the sub-assy's subsequent use in other files.

If you are using adaptivity for projected edges, then I can't help!
Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report