Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive Part

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bespel
249 Views, 3 Replies

Adaptive Part

Hi,

i would like to make adaptive (to drive the adaptivity) in this assembly.

The C part is rubber made.

Where am i doing it wrong? I don't understand.

Attached the assembly

Thanks!

bs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: bespel

Hi! It is a bit unclear to me what kind of adaptive motion you are going after. Do you want the half arc rubber band to deform from an half arc to a half ellipse due to compression? Or, you want it to reduce radius constantly?

Before you start doing adaptive modeling, it is better to clearly define the driver geometry and the follower geometry. Also define how follower geometry will deform by driver. Please let me know a bit more specifics and I should be able to figure out a reasonable solution.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
bespel
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Many Thanks to you Johnson!

This is the scheme, i don't know if is possibile.

Doesn't matter if it's an arc, elipse, lines or spline...the one that will give the better solution during driving adaptivity.

I can't control or understand  the logic of the adaptivity in the sketch..

smting.jpg

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: bespel

Hi! Attached is a very simple example showing how it can be done using Adaptive. Open the assembly and right-click on DriveMe constraint and click Play button. You will see the Rubberband deforms with the change in DriveMe (anglular constraint).

The trick here is to keep adaptive relationship clear and clean. There are several ways to establish adaptive relationship. Use the most intuitive and logical one. What I did was to create the Base parts (driver) and understand the trigger constraint first. Then worry about creating the Rubberband part. In this case, if you drive more than 10 degree, the Rubberband will collapse due to the two arcs in the adaptive sketch. You can replace them with a spline.

Let me know if you have any question.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report