Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adaptive part in i-assembly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ASCO-engineering
333 Views, 2 Replies

adaptive part in i-assembly

I often work using i-assemblies and this works quite ok thus far, except for the usual issues checking in etc when updating.

Now for assembly instruction clarity i want to add an adaptive part that stretched along as the assembly members get longer. In my case it's a section of foam rubber the guys on the shop floor will need to attach to the part. If i recall correctly i was able to do this with no issues in previous releases of inventor wher i would just place a sketch in the assembly using projected geometry of the parts i want to adapt to, and that would be it. Now in 2014 however i can only set the adaptivity enabled for one of the members in the table, meaning the sketch would only adjust to the size of that particular member. I automatically get a new column in the i-table where i can select which member triggers the adaptivity. I don't recall getting this in previous releases. I now get an error message when more than one memer has the adaptivity enabled. The result in the assy however, is working is i wanted it to; the part adapts correctly to the members that have this option enabled. 

What's the deal with this? If i want to remove the error, or remove the column alltogether, then the adaptivity of the part is also removed.

What is the correct way to do this now?

Best regards,

Misha

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi!

Can you post a example, without it we can't say much...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

my apologies for the late reply.

I've found the same issue applies to some of my regular adaptive parts as well. What seems to happen is that when the originally referenced model geometry changes position, the sketch geometry does not update accordingly. Instead i often see the reference geometry in the sketch change color as if it's reference is no longer available. The sketch geometry still shows the projected constraint though.

I've tried to re-create this using a simple assembly (2 pulleys and a adaptive belt, then changing the position of the pulleys, but this does not yield the same result. In this case it functions properly. Maybe it's something that occurs when an assembly gets a little more complex?

regards,

Misha

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report