Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acknowledged loft/shell issue Inv 2010

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
miketibbets
501 Views, 4 Replies

Acknowledged loft/shell issue Inv 2010

Hello all, thought I would pass on an acknowledged bug in a lofted/shelled solid in Inventor 2010. Bear in mind that I have been doing this workflow since Inventor 5.3  or so. Imagine my surprise when I installed 2010 and found out I had to workaround this issue as best I could. Imagine my larger surprise after talking with my reseller (good people) that Autodesk acknowledged the bug, but they have not issued a fix for it. This bug is not present in 2008 (previous release used) or 2011 (have not upgraded yet because of workload and a couple of other issues). This was acknowledged as a bug sometime in January 2010. Open the attached loft1.ipt and pull down the EOP. edit sketch1 of Loft1. change the 3 to 3.5 and the 5 to 5.5 and see what happens to the corners. I am told that Inv 2011 does not have this bug, only Inv 2010. I will stop now before I really get going on a rant

Mike Tibbets

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LFMarshall
in reply to: miketibbets

hmm...that's weird.

Work around was fairly simple, but it the way you've done it seems the most logical to achieve your end result and that way is obviously not a proponent of change.

Larry Marshall
Inventor 2021.2 , AutoCAD 2021, 3DS Max 2021
Message 3 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: miketibbets

Hi! Indeed, I see no reason why this case should fail. I have forwarded it to development for review. Regarding how to make it work for now, there are two workarounds I can think of.

#1, Edit the loft->check Merge Tangent Faces.

#2, Instead of creating shell, create an offset surface and split or sculpt the body to hollow it.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 5
miketibbets
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I agree, there are multiple ways to work around this issue, which is what I have been doing for the last ummmmm 7 months. If was the finished product, that would not be a problem, however this is the beginning of the solid, and other features are added, etc. Workarounds are just that, more work to get around the issue.

Thanks for your response

Mike Tibbets

Message 5 of 5
miketibbets
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Johnson, first of all, thanks for your initial response. Have you heard any news about the status of this issue?

Thanks in advance

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report