Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing data

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
cwpernel
228 Views, 0 Replies

Accessing data

I am interested in using this software for a project (we have a license for Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 where I work) , but I have a question about functionality (BTW, I am 99.999% technologically illiterate, thus this (probably) asinine question; please take pity on me).   The project involves 3D scanning in an irregular shaped solid object to obtain x,y,z coordinates for intial shape, volume and surface area.  The object would then be abraded from the bottom at a specific rate with a known downward force in the z direction, resulting in a gradual reduction in height.  This change in height over time will be recorded in an excel file that may consist of several thousand individual lines.  I would like the Inventor program to automatically calculate the volume and surface area of the object at each change in height and add those columns to the excel file, or at least record them in a spreadsheet that I could copy and paste to that file.  My question is: can Inventor do this automatically, or can a program be written to accomplish this?  Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report