Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access violation – no RTTI data!

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
kdlklm
33264 Views, 26 Replies

I'm receiving this error when I tried to a working plane.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
RobJV
in reply to: kdlklm

Most often this error occurs after multiple undos and originally trying to do something complex.  For the most part, if you get the message and you did not save, you are out of luck.

Rob

Message 3 of 27
kdlklm
in reply to: RobJV

yes, that is what I have read throughout this forum. But that's not the case with the problem I'm having, I have saved my work and have not done any undo's. The file is very simple, I have re-created the part several times and always get the same error.

I have attached the file. It will not allow me to create a new plane.

Message 4 of 27
RobJV

d/l your file.  created workplanes - no problem.  What actually happens when you try?

Message 5 of 27
kdlklm

the error pops up immediately after I click the green check mark to confirm the creation of the plane.

Message 6 of 27
RobJV

May be something to do with addins, your install, or something else.  The file itself is fine - I have made multiple workplanes.  Have you rebooted and opened up the file again?  Tried a rebuild all?

Message 7 of 27
kattetg

I dont see any problem creating workplanes in body.ipt. Works fine for me.  Were you trying to create workplanes in a specific way or is it totally arbitrary?  If you have specific steps which result in the error, please share that information.

Regards,

Gautham Kattethota (Autodesk)

Message 8 of 27
kdlklm
in reply to: kattetg

I tried it reinstalling inventor, and rebooted several times. I rebuilt the file from scratch several times, and consistently get the same error.

I click on the XY plane and then click the plane button. Then click and drag the object to generate a new plane. Then the green check mark comes up, and then I click the green check mark, and then the error pops up.

Would you mind uploading the file with a plane generated on it, so I can see if it opens up okay.

Message 9 of 27
kattetg

Can you let me know what version of Inventor you are using - what release, what service pack?

I tried it in Inventor 2011 Sp2.

Thanks
Gautham Kattethota (Autodesk)

Message 10 of 27
kdlklm
in reply to: kattetg

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2011 sp1

I have never seen a service pack two

Message 11 of 27
randy.applegate

I Received rhe Same Error...

was working with a simple CAM design and tried to create a sketch on a surface of the CAM. The project has many parts but this particular part is relatively simple.

Could it be a hardware issue????

H.R. Applegate
Message 12 of 27
schae235
in reply to: randy.applegate

I'd just like to add that I get the error too and am working with INV 2012 SP1...

Not very happyabout it either.

INV 2012 SP1
Windows 7 64 Bit
ATI FirePro V5800
14.0 GB RAM
Message 13 of 27
kattetg
in reply to: randy.applegate

I am not able to reproduce the original issue on this posting in R2012 Sp1.  If you could share the files and the steps to reproduce the issue, that would help us identify the issue. 

Thanks

Gautham (Autodesk)

Message 14 of 27

I receive the exact same error on my works PC with Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015...

All I'm doing is to create a revolved feature then split cut the solid with a splitline at mid point...  I am using a shared sketch to create the multibody part as I have an outer seal ring in the assembly...

Murat Islam CEng MIMechE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/muratislam/
"Innovation comes from people who take joy in their work" W.E. Deming
Message 15 of 27

I just received this error, jumping back and forth between editing parts in the assembly context, editing assembly constraints, and super simple sketches with dimensions to points driving a hole feature. Nothing fancy, no weird stuff.

I am on the latest release and service pack for Inventor.

I've recently begun using Inventor, most of my experience is with Siemens NX/UG, and while I understand the difference in price should decrease my expectations of software capability (and it does,) I'm finding it very hard to lower my expectations of the stability of the software, in this day and age.

I remember Solidworks crashing quite a bit when I used it daily back in 2005; I'm not sure if it still does.

But Inventor definitely does. It's maddening.

What is RTTI data? What is the nature of this error? Does it corrupt my parts? Is my whole assembly suspect? Is there something I need to change in my hardware configuration, software configuration, or workflow to avoid it? Do I need to re-install?

Not too jazzed about this.

Ben

Inventor 2016 SP1 64 bit, Build 210 Date 10/13/2015

Message 16 of 27

Crashes became the nature of this beast and no update changed it since. Inventor does not like projected geometry from a 3D object or surface. If you can, only project from other sketches. Avoid pattern in sketches. This way I reduced my number of crashes from daily to weekly since 2011 😉 reliability is not the best point of inventor I'm afraid. I could bind a book from the automated crash report emails :))
Murat Islam CEng MIMechE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/muratislam/
"Innovation comes from people who take joy in their work" W.E. Deming
Message 17 of 27

Hi,

If you have a reproducible sample of the crash, please post it or send it to us so we can work on a fix.

I will get notification if you reply to this thread, in case you don't want to post the file publicly.

You can send the files to me directly as well, I can forward them to Inventor QA and Dev as needed.

gerald.hochenauer@autodesk.com

Regards,

Gerald

Gerald Hochenauer
Senior Principal Engineer, Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 27
transpacbe
in reply to: Hochenauer

This is not reproducible for me; I have no idea what caused it.

Do you happen to know...

What is RTTI data? What is the nature of this error? Does it corrupt my parts? Is my whole assembly suspect? Is there something I need to change in my hardware configuration, software configuration, or workflow to avoid it? Do I need to re-install?

Ben

Message 19 of 27
transpacbe
in reply to: transpacbe

Just got this error again. Adding a hole feature to a piece of angle steel from content center...

Anyone know what RTTI data is?

Message 20 of 27
johnsonshiue
in reply to: transpacbe

Hi! The error usually means memory corruption. Did you encounter any crash after the error message? If yes, did you submit the crash report with your email address? Please send me an email so I can dig up the crash report and understand it better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report