Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to Design Accelerator

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
rickduley
2166 Views, 11 Replies

Access to Design Accelerator

How do I access "Design Accelerator" in Inventor 2015?

I appear to have the XML files for Accelerator on disc but I cannot find Accelerator itself.

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: rickduley

Which Design Accelerator?  There are several.

Start an assembly (*.iam) and click on the Design tab.

I'm wondering if I am missing something?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
rickduley
in reply to: JDMather

You are, as usual, quite right, JD.  You are missing something.  Simply, it's this:

I have part of an AOTC course (Chapter 4: Design Accelerators).  Something like this is what I need right now, but it is as close as I have been to AOTC at any Autodesk site, and I have trouble getting closer.  I, too, must be missing something.

It is all very well to be able to DRAW something in Inventor, but I want to DESIGN things in Inventor and I keep hitting brick walls when I try to get help.  (I have come to the conclusion that "Autodesk University" is a euphemism for an excuse to leave the little partner behind and spend time at some delightful, Druidic gabfest in Las Vegas or some other professional venue.  Hardly what I need.)  Any contact I make with Autodesk gives me excellent answers provided I move to the USA.  Since I live in the most remote Capital City on earth (Perth, Western Australia) that is not a lot of help.

Can you be more help here?

Thanks

Message 4 of 12
rickduley

Hi JD

I am using Inventor 2015.

The AOTC documentation was written for 2009.  I can't find anything newer.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 12
blair

Nothing has really changed in Design Accelerator since it's addition to Inventor, so the 2009 documentation would still be effective and current.

All the Inventor specific classes at AU are beneficial. There are also some great videos in/on YouTube, just search Inventor. 

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 12
rickduley
in reply to: blair

Hi Blair

It's comforting to know that the documentation I have is still useful, but I only have one chapter of the course in "Advanced Assembly and Machine Design" and I can't find the rest.  Do you know where the remainder of the document is secreted?  Would you please tell me?

Second problem is that the exercise on page 216 starts with the instruction to open "Blower Assembly-DA.iam".  I don't have it!  Where/how do I access that?

As far as AU goes, all I have found is registration pages for the next luau in wherever.  I have not found classes as such.  Are there some?  Where?

Thanks

Message 7 of 12
JDMather

http://au.autodesk.com/au-online/classes-on-demand/search?full-text=Inventor&year=2013

AU Online.png

Older AU classes are available at http://www.augi.com

So, it doesn't sound like your problem is really access to the Design Accelerators - it sounds like your true problem is access to the files that came with an AOTC book.  Is there a CD in the back of the book or an empty plastic sleeve in the back of the book that once contained a CD?

1. What do the instruction indicate to do with this missing assembly? 

2. Create a chain or belt drive?

That assembly might have been part of the Samples folder in 2009.  If so, I don't think they have changed (I didn't check). 

3. Have you downloaded the Samples folder?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
blair

AU2014 class catalog is hee: https://events.au.autodesk.com/connect/search.ww

Before when you received the actual media (DVD's & USB thumb drives) the sample files were shipped/packaged with the software. You should be able to find some files here: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/ENU...

Don't feel bad, my nearest VAR is 800km away.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 12
rickduley

Thanks to Blair and JD for those links.  I have had a peek and will explore further later.

Please, I don't have a book.  I have a chapter of a book I downloaded from somewhere (and now cannot find again).  It was published in May 2008 and refers to Inventor 2009.  Its title is "Advanced Assembly and Machine Design" and it appears to be part of the AOTC courseware.

The whole book (and course) sound to me like something from which I might well benefit.  I just cannot find an up-to-date equivalent.

As far as Deisgn Accelerators go, I have confirmed that my installation of Inventor 2015 includes them.  My interest is in getting to know how to use them.

Message 10 of 12
JDMather

@rickduley wrote:

As far as Design Accelerators go, I have confirmed that my installation of Inventor 2015 includes them.  My interest is in getting to know how to use them.

I have never seen adequate documentation (other than Mickey-Mouse stuff) on how to use them.  (see the Tutorials)

In my opinion, perhaps the biggest mistake Autodesk has made with Inventor.

I could build an entire engineering curriculum around the DAs - but no-one knows how to use them, and I don't have the time.

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
rickduley

Thanks JD

You say:

I have never seen adequate documentation (other than Mickey-Mouse stuff) on how to use them.

Well, that would explain why I have not been able to find much.  However, it does not resolve my dilemma.

Perhaps someone else know of some relevant tutorial material.  I hope so.

Message 12 of 12
rickduley

JD wrote" "I have never seen adequate documentation (other than Mickey-Mouse stuff) on how to use them."

That IS the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report