Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 will not allow viewing of assembly

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
reploglejj
1687 Views, 6 Replies

A360 will not allow viewing of assembly

Hi, I just downloaded A360 app on my phone and have uploaded a few single parts flawlessly. It works great in that aspect. BUT for some reason when I upload an assembly is completes the upload but never generates the view. I simply get a pop up message that reads: "File preview is being generated and will soon be ready. Please try again later." Its been hours and nothing has generated. I even thought it might just be my phone so I uploaded it on the A360 site and tried it that way. Same exact problem. It's not even a complex assembly. Please advise. (The assembly and all of its components were created in inventor 2015) Jeff
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
reploglejj
in reply to: reploglejj

I also would like to mention I realize this isnt the A360 area but since the main program I'm using is inventor I figured it would be safe to ask here.  Still dealing with the same problem.  I can view parts all day long but not assemblies (.ima) 

Message 3 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! When you upload the assembly (iam) file, did you upload the part (ipt) files the assembly references? The iam file alone cannot be opened successfully.

Could you do an experiment for me? I assume you have access to Inventor. Please download the iam file to a folder on your PC other than the one you originally uploaded to A360. Then try opening the iam file in Inventor. What do you see?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 7
blair

Hold off for a bit, I was talking with the 360 manager yesterday about a couple of other issues such as thus. Look for some changes hopefully by mid week on a couple of viewers

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 7
NathanLos

Each part in the assembly is saved as a separate file. You will need to upload all of the individual part files in order for the assembly to be fully defined and viewable. It's easiest to upload all of the files into the same folder when going this route.

You can also use Inventor to save the assembly to A360 Drive. In this case, Inventor will automatically offer to upload the referenced parts and will replicate the existing folder structure into A360 Drive.

Hope this helps!

Nathan Los
Principal Engineer
DLS-Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 7
reploglejj
in reply to: NathanLos

My sincerest apologies for taking a week to get back on her with a response.  I got caught up in another project that kept me away from this one.  You guys were 100% correct though!  I cleared everything off my 360 drive and started over pulling everything from the assembly over (all component files) and sure enough it worked!  

My only suggestion to autodek personel would be to display some kind of pop-up window that informs the user of this error.  For a newbie I was lost until you guys responded because all it would do is load a blank screen still showing the tools for rotating the (what would be) assembly.  

Thanks again for all of your responses you guys were very helpful!

Jeff

Message 7 of 7
blair

It wouldn't be any different on your own computer. If all you had was the single IAM file without the related IPT files you wouldn't be able to view your model in Inventor.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report