Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 files not updating

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BrotherkennyhDWR
1737 Views, 1 Reply

A360 files not updating

Hi,

I appreciate that this forum section probably isn't the best for this post, but my post is about Autodesk 360 and there doesn't seem to be a forum specifically for this. Please move my post to a more appropriate section if there is one.

We have a large number of files on Autodesk 360. They are visualisation files created during the Inventor to Vault check in operation or when a visualisation file is regenerated by the vault.

When this happens a copy of the visualization files are saves to our network mirroring the vault folder structure.

I had copied this folder to my A360 drive so that all of the relevant visualisation files uploaded to A360. This part works fine and we have used A360 to embed many of the 3D views on our website.

Since then we have updated many hundreds of the files and need to upload the changes. If I copy the visualisatuion folder again to my A360 drive the expected question pops up asking me if I would like to merge the common folders. I click yes. I then get asked if I would like to replace the changed files, skip the changed files, or keep both copies. Naturally as I am trying to update the versions on A360 I click replace. The copy process then finishes.

Any new files appear no problem, but the changed files are not updating. Does anyone know why??

I have discovered that if I go to the A360 website I can upload the updated files on a file by file basis, but there are so many that this would really be riduculous.

Anyone know how I can get the replace to work correctly?

Thanks in advance.

Kenny

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for posting your question to the A360 Forums, you're totally in the right place.

Can you help clarify a few items for me please?

Are you using the Tech Preview version of A360?

I just performed a quick test of my own, and I noticed that it took a few seconds in order for the newly changed file to update and show up correctly after I selected the "replace" option. That being said, I'm wondering if it might take quite a bit longer since you have 100's of files that will need to be replacing themselves in the folder. (i.e. If you look at your A360 folder once the process starts, you should see the blue update icon on the folder, which means that until that turns back green check mark, it's still updating files), so I'm wondering if it was still updating when you were trying to view the files.

One other test I'd like for you to try would be to just delete the whole original folder, (or all the files within it) and then upload all the new content to see if that works ok.

Please let me know what happens when you run the above tests, and then we can go from there.

Thanks, again for reaching out so that we can help you.

Brett Wright
A360 Customer Success Team
Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report