Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 Drive and Projects

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Carl_mgfx
344 Views, 2 Replies

A360 Drive and Projects

Hi All

I've checked the what's new for Inventor 2014 and the way I understand their explanation about the Autodesk 360 drive is the following.

This I understand and have no problem with

• The drive is for cloud storage (accessible through a web browser or the drive that is installed with your product)
  • When copying files to it, it understands Inventor assembly relationships and prompts for copying related parts.

Here's the issue

The drive is also built into Inventor's Place component Dialog as a search location (see attached pic).

So...

• I have a project stored on my PC and shared parts on the 360 drive
  • I place a shared part, from the drive, into an assembly in my project
  • Close and save the assembly
  • Open the assembly and it cannot find the shared part, so I have to resolve the link.

Should it not automatically find the shared parts as they are loaded from a location that is shown as a search location?

Kind Regards
Carl van Rooyen
Application Engineer

Inventor 2019, Vault 2019,
HP ZBook 15u G4, Win 10 64Bit (ver 1709), i7-7500U, 16 GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics 620 with AMD Firepro W4190M
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
PaulMunford
in reply to: Carl_mgfx

I assume that your A360 drive would have to be referenced in your Inventor project...

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 3 of 3
Carl_mgfx
in reply to: PaulMunford

Hi Paul

I had to do that to get the workflow to work... but the What's new doccumentation gave me a different impression.

Quote from the what's new doccument.

"You can Open from and Save files to Autodesk 360 from the top of the locations panel in file dialog boxes such as the Save As, Save Copy As, Open, Place Component and Create Component dialog boxes. Autodesk 360 is available in all file dialog boxes that include a locations panel."

What is the point of having it mapped by default (as in the screen shot) if you have to go and manually map it again?

Kind Regards
Carl van Rooyen
Application Engineer

Inventor 2019, Vault 2019,
HP ZBook 15u G4, Win 10 64Bit (ver 1709), i7-7500U, 16 GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics 620 with AMD Firepro W4190M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report