Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a way to determine which version of Inventor a file was created with

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1733 Views, 6 Replies

a way to determine which version of Inventor a file was created with

Is there a way to determine, by file search, what version of Inventor an Inventor model was created with?

Example:  I have some older files in vault that were created with Inventor 2005 and 2008. Is there an advanced search criteria I could use to list out which of these files was created using either version?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you looking for it in Vault or in Inventor? I'm sure you can add a created by date in the Vault Categories ... As for a version I haven't seen that in Vault basic from what I can recall

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

I am trying to search in vault but cannot find a criteria that searches for the iProperty "created with". Maybe there is a way to search in Windows that will drill down to the build that was used to create an Inventor file?
Message 4 of 7
blair

iProperties of the file will show the version and SP level:

Capture1.JPG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! This can be done easily with Design Assistant. Go to Start Menu -> All Programs -> Autodesk -> Autodesk Inventor xxxx -> Design Assistant.

Start Design Assistant and open a folder. Then go to View -> Customize -> add "Last Update With" column. You will see the Inventor release and build last used to save the file.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 7
jjt5858
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I love knowing this BUT - I request Autodesk just have that already set that way for everybody out of the box...

Message 7 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jjt5858

Hi! You don't need Design Assistant to see the information. You can right-click on a given Inventor file (ipt, iam, idw/dwg, ide, and ipn) -> iProperties -> Detail.

If "iProperties" is missing from right-click context menu, please take a look at the following page.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/missing-iproperties-on-right-click-menu/td-p/6720791

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report