Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9; editing notes on external threads

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
763 Views, 12 Replies

9; editing notes on external threads

Why don't I get an 'edit thread note' option in the context menu for an external thread note?
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Editing of thread notes (beyond adding additional text) is not currently supported. -- Andrew Faix Product Designer - Inventor Drawing Manager autodesk "Kevin Wehner" wrote in message news:4133824d_1@newsprd01... > Why don't I get an 'edit thread note' option in the context menu for an > external thread note? > > >
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

Out of curiosity Kevin, What exactly would you like to do were you to have an edit dialog similar to hole notes? "Kevin Wehner" wrote in message news:4133824d_1@newsprd01... > Why don't I get an 'edit thread note' option in the context menu for an > external thread note? > > >
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

I need to remove the thread class. I tried modifying the hole notes in the dimension style, but I can't get it to change. "Andrew Faix (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:413386a9_3@newsprd01... > Out of curiosity Kevin, > > What exactly would you like to do were you to have an edit dialog similar to > hole notes? > > "Kevin Wehner" wrote in message > news:4133824d_1@newsprd01... > > Why don't I get an 'edit thread note' option in the context menu for an > > external thread note? > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

OK, thanks Kevin, that's what I suspected. Again, sorry to say that we don't support this now, but we're working on it. "Kevin Wehner" wrote in message news:4134665e$1_2@newsprd01... > I need to remove the thread class. I tried modifying the hole notes in the > dimension style, but I can't get it to change. > > "Andrew Faix (Autodesk)" wrote in message > news:413386a9_3@newsprd01... > > Out of curiosity Kevin, > > > > What exactly would you like to do were you to have an edit dialog similar > to > > hole notes? > > > > "Kevin Wehner" wrote in message > > news:4133824d_1@newsprd01... > > > Why don't I get an 'edit thread note' option in the context menu for an > > > external thread note? > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 13
Rich.O.3d

your kidding me ...  has this not been fixed yet ???

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 7 of 13
Rich.O.3d

". Again, sorry to say that we don't support this now, but we're working on it."

"working on it"

been working on it since 2004 and I still cant remove the thread class !!!!

am i missing something ???

CAD Management 101:
Message 8 of 13
ampster401
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

@Rich.O.3d wrote:

". Again, sorry to say that we don't support this now, but we're working on it."

"working on it"

been working on it since 2004 and I still cant remove the thread class !!!!

am i missing something ???

I'm missing the 10 yr gap between the last post and yours.

You don't expect an Adesk'er to come back to something they posted 10 yrs ago to update this do you?

I could understand if there was a post between the 2004 and yours stating this is still a problem or if you by chance had something to add stating this still isn't fixed....

But it looks like you're attempting to communicate with some one in the past and we're only seeing one side of it!

Funny!

Message 9 of 13
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: ampster401

Im stating that in 2004 autodesk informed us that 'they were working on this"

now 10 years later the problem still exists

Im hoping someone will tell me its been fixed in some convoluted way that requires explaining or someone at autodesk could chime in and try to explain why after 10 years of working on a problem it still hasnt been fixed and that it will be fixed soon.

I though the comprehension of how and why i posted would be obvious ie. that I was not trying to comunicat to an OP from a decade ago but to highlight a problem that still exists 10 years after being identified as a problem that needs fixing. I hadnt needed to do this for some time and would have expected that since then it would have been addressed, but here we are years down the track and when i go to show an external thread note, i still cant use the tool that has been provided to pull the info from the model, but I have to overwrite it with 'dumb' text that should the model change , the note will not be updated and the workshop might cut the wrong thread on the part.

CAD Management 101:
Message 10 of 13
ampster401

@Rich.O.3d wrote:
but here we are years down the track and when i go to show an external thread note, i still cant use the tool that has been provided to pull the info from the model

That part was missing from your first post Rich!  LOL

I'm sure there are tons of posts here left hanging without someone coming back with a "resolved" post or a "we're still working on it" post!

It just sort of seemed like you grabbed some old post and replied with a shocking "this has not been fixed yet?" comment without providing anything stating you are experiencing the issue.

Sorry for OT stuff all.

Message 11 of 13
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: ampster401

all good ...

I had been using plant3d mostly for past couple of years and am now back full time on inventor and despite some great improvments, am a little frustrated at some of the minor failings of Inventor that could have been easily fixed still remaining after so long.

little things like this thread and revclouds still being an add on from an SDK that you have to download from someone as the one thats included doesnt work ...etc etc

CAD Management 101:
Message 12 of 13
ChrisMitchell01

You have a Rt click option to directly edit the text, simply called "Text". The rest of the thread note is defined by a style & there's a Rt click option to "Edit Dimension style".

What sort of edit are you looking to perform ?

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 13
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Chris,

Looking to be able to have the thread note display without the thread class as per the OPs question.

the Rt click options that you mention have already been discussed and do NOT perform the function of detailing threads adequatley.

*Kevin Wehner
Message 9 of 12 (129 Views)
Re: 9; editing notes on external threads
31-08-2004 09:51 PM in reply to: *Kevin Wehner
I need to remove the thread class. I tried modifying the hole notes in the dimension style, but I can't get it to change. "Andrew Faix (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:413386a9_3@newsprd01... > Out of curiosity Kevin, > > What exactly would you like to do were you to have an edit dialog similar to > hole notes? > > "Kevin Wehner"wrote in message > news:4133824d_1@newsprd01... > > Why don't I get an 'edit thread note' option in the context menu for an > > external thread note? > > > > > > > >
CAD Management 101:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report