Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

45 degree angle on flanges

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
feldmanncad
2154 Views, 2 Replies

45 degree angle on flanges

I was just wondering if anyone knows an easier way to program 45 degree corners on the top flange of two mating parts. We can't bend the ends on so they have to be welded. I am using inventor 2014 professional. Almost all my programming is done in sheet meetal. Thanks.

Dean

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: feldmanncad

There might be a way creating as a single part and then splitting and Deriving.  But not sure it is any easier.

One note - you should be using Cut - Across Bend.  If you look at the corners of flat pattern in wireframe - they are not quite correct they way you have done them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
feldmanncad
in reply to: JDMather

JD,

You actually answered my question without knowing it. The main reason I was looking for a better way to do it was to get rid of the extra lines in the flat pattern. I think the way I'm doing it is as quick as it's going to get but the cut across bends helps a lot. Less work on the ACAD side.  Thanks.

Dean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report