Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dxconnexion glitch in Inventor 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jjha
515 Views, 4 Replies

3dxconnexion glitch in Inventor 2013

I have a peculiar glitch when I use SpaceNavigator (SN) in Inventor 2013 only.  The SN functions smoothly in 3ds Max 2013 as well as with any other software (Google Earth...)

The Problem: When my mouse is interfaced with the Inventor window, my orbit functions works a bit then stalls, usually to a dead stop.  When I click my mouse outside of Inventor (on desktop for instance), the SN orbit works perfectly in Inventor.  Then once I click on the Inventor environment, the SN orbit functions goes back to the slow crawl.  I have to resort to using Inventor's orbit (F4) control to get my part to orbit/rotate.

The System: 

Xeon W3503 @ 2.4GHz.  8GB Ram.  Nvidia Quadro FX 580.

Windows 7 64 bit.  SP1. 

Inventor 2013. Update 2

3dxConnexion v3.17.3

3dxInventor add-in has been disabled per request of 3dxconnexion forum to rule out their driver being the problem.  and still the problem persists.  it appears something in Inventor is clogging or not allocating the orbit control of SN to work.  (auto zoom works perfectly but not with 3dxInventor disabled)

I've already

- Unistalled then reinstalled 3dx driver (latest). 

- Unistalled Inventor's SP2 and installed SP1 for Inventor (since everything was working before SP2.  But that didn't work either.  So I reinstalled SP2 for now.

Running out of ideas so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: jjha

It doesn't sound like the Space Navigator itself is the problem, but just to be sure do one more test -

with the Navigator connected and running go to the 3DConnexion Control Panel and click Calibrate.

(did they already suggest this?)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
jjha
in reply to: JDMather

Thnx for the suggestion.  Unfortunately that had no effect.  The problem is still localized in Inventor.

Message 4 of 5
pball

I'm gonna throw this out since it may or may not be related. I've noticed in assemblies if a part/sub-assembly is selected/highlighted rotating and panning with my 3D mouse lags really bad.

Message 5 of 5
blair

I've seen that in Inventor for a long time. I think it's a conflict between the mouse and 3d mouse.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report