Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3Dconnexion problems

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
swordmaster
1474 Views, 7 Replies

3Dconnexion problems

I normally leave my machine on, however if i do shut down. I find on start up that my 3D mouse loses its connection. Clicking on start driver does nothing. I have to resort to unplug/replug the usb for it to be recognized. This is annoying since this means that i lose some of my setting changes. Anyone had the same issue?

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mrattray
in reply to: swordmaster

I've had tons of problems with mine ever since going to 2013. Update 1 fixed some of them, but it's still very buggy. You could try a reinstall of your driver.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 8
swordmaster
in reply to: mrattray

apologies, I should know better. I am using 2009 As yet I have not tried using it on later versions Bruce Sword Autodesk Inventor 2010 Certified Associate Autodesk Inventor 2010 Certified Professional -------------------------------------------------------------------------- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this e-mail message, including all replies or forwarded messages connected herewith, is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you, the reader of this message, are not an intended recipient hereof, you are hereby notified that you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this e-mail message. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender as soon as possible by return e-mail message or by telephone at (601) 425-3151. In addition, please delete the erroneously received message and any reply from your system and any device/media where the message is stored. --------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 8
mrattray

Did you click on "stop driver" before you clicked "start driver"?

I would still try reinstalling or updating your driver. Speaking of updating the driver, have you done so recently? Perhaps a new driver version introduced something incompatible with '09? If so, I would do a roll back to whatever was working before.

If none of that works you might try contacting 3D Connexion's tech support.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 8
swordmaster
in reply to: mrattray

yes tried stopping it first, I get the message that driver is not running! clicking on start driver does nothing Bruce Sword Autodesk Inventor 2010 Certified Associate Autodesk Inventor 2010 Certified Professional -------------------------------------------------------------------------- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this e-mail message, including all replies or forwarded messages connected herewith, is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you, the reader of this message, are not an intended recipient hereof, you are hereby notified that you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this e-mail message. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender as soon as possible by return e-mail message or by telephone at (601) 425-3151. In addition, please delete the erroneously received message and any reply from your system and any device/media where the message is stored. --------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 8
mrattray

Sounds real similar to the problem I was having. Mine would act like it started up OK, but wouldn't connect to Inventor.

Try a new driver from 3D Connexion's website.

What model are you using? I have one of the old ugly square Space Pilots.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 8
MCBUS

I have had similiar issues. Is it plugged into a USB 3.0?  Plugging it back into the USB 2.0 seemed to fix it for me at least.

Message 8 of 8
james.adams

I have had the same issue a while back. I found a workaround that seem to help me. I would open explorer than close it. At that point my Inventor and 3D connexion would start working together again. Never did know why it would lose its connection with Inventor?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report