Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Reply
*Schumacher, Ken
Message 1 of 21 (62 Views)

3D Sweep in Standard Part

62 Views, 20 Replies
11-21-2002 11:00 PM
I really under the gun on this one.

In MDT I could use the 3D part path and create a lanyard in a short amount
of time.

Can I accomplish this with Inventor?

I have tried to "stepout" the file from MDT, but Inventor will not import
it.

I have posted an example to CF under "Lanyard"

Thanks.
-Ken
*Germer, Ole
Message 2 of 21 (62 Views)

Re: 3D Sweep in Standard Part

11-21-2002 11:11 PM in reply to: *Schumacher, Ken
Sweep
draw a circle -- one sketch
draw a line that the cable will follow-- second sketch
sweep.
--
Ole Germer
Helping create better involute profiles for gears
http://www.geocities.com/olegermer/index.html



"Ken Schumacher" wrote in message
news:ECE0D8C66786DE66F7CD77947428603C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I really under the gun on this one.
>
> In MDT I could use the 3D part path and create a lanyard in a short amount
> of time.
>
> Can I accomplish this with Inventor?
>
> I have tried to "stepout" the file from MDT, but Inventor will not import
> it.
>
> I have posted an example to CF under "Lanyard"
>
> Thanks.
> -Ken
>
>
*Germer, Ole
Message 3 of 21 (62 Views)

Re:

11-21-2002 11:15 PM in reply to: *Schumacher, Ken
if the loop is in one work plane or sketch and second loop is in another
plane, there will be no need for 3d sketch.
in fact make it out of 3 parts and make it an assembly
Ole

"Ole Germer" wrote in message
news:E05BD11C8DA0FFD6080AB35158E0807E@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Sweep
> draw a circle -- one sketch
> draw a line that the cable will follow-- second sketch
> sweep.
> --
> Ole Germer
> Helping create better involute profiles for gears
> http://www.geocities.com/olegermer/index.html
>
>
>
> "Ken Schumacher" wrote in message
> news:ECE0D8C66786DE66F7CD77947428603C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I really under the gun on this one.
> >
> > In MDT I could use the 3D part path and create a lanyard in a short
amount
> > of time.
> >
> > Can I accomplish this with Inventor?
> >
> > I have tried to "stepout" the file from MDT, but Inventor will not
import
> > it.
> >
> > I have posted an example to CF under "Lanyard"
> >
> > Thanks.
> > -Ken
> >
> >
>
>
*Schumacher, Ken
Message 4 of 21 (62 Views)

Re:

11-21-2002 11:18 PM in reply to: *Schumacher, Ken
Sound easy if you've done it before.
How about an example?

"Ole Germer" wrote in message
news:E05BD11C8DA0FFD6080AB35158E0807E@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Sweep
> draw a circle -- one sketch
> draw a line that the cable will follow-- second sketch
> sweep.
> --
> Ole Germer
> Helping create better involute profiles for gears
> http://www.geocities.com/olegermer/index.html
>
>
>
> "Ken Schumacher" wrote in message
> news:ECE0D8C66786DE66F7CD77947428603C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I really under the gun on this one.
> >
> > In MDT I could use the 3D part path and create a lanyard in a short
amount
> > of time.
> >
> > Can I accomplish this with Inventor?
> >
> > I have tried to "stepout" the file from MDT, but Inventor will not
import
> > it.
> >
> > I have posted an example to CF under "Lanyard"
> >
> > Thanks.
> > -Ken
> >
> >
>
>
*Germer, Ole
Message 5 of 21 (62 Views)

Re:

11-21-2002 11:18 PM in reply to: *Schumacher, Ken
I will post something Give me a few minutes.
Ole

"Ken Schumacher" wrote in message
news:B4F0AA4F18A1D060D57772E3710511B9@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Sound easy if you've done it before.
> How about an example?
>
> "Ole Germer" wrote in message
> news:E05BD11C8DA0FFD6080AB35158E0807E@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Sweep
> > draw a circle -- one sketch
> > draw a line that the cable will follow-- second sketch
> > sweep.
> > --
> > Ole Germer
> > Helping create better involute profiles for gears
> > http://www.geocities.com/olegermer/index.html
> >
> >
> >
> > "Ken Schumacher" wrote in message
> > news:ECE0D8C66786DE66F7CD77947428603C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > I really under the gun on this one.
> > >
> > > In MDT I could use the 3D part path and create a lanyard in a short
> amount
> > > of time.
> > >
> > > Can I accomplish this with Inventor?
> > >
> > > I have tried to "stepout" the file from MDT, but Inventor will not
> import
> > > it.
> > >
> > > I have posted an example to CF under "Lanyard"
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > > -Ken
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*Schumacher, Ken
Message 6 of 21 (62 Views)

Re:

11-21-2002 11:21 PM in reply to: *Schumacher, Ken
You'll have to look at the jpg in CF.

"Ole Germer" wrote in message
news:AE0C73A5127E66DE0F511CFB8EBA2E76@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> if the loop is in one work plane or sketch and second loop is in another
> plane, there will be no need for 3d sketch.
> in fact make it out of 3 parts and make it an assembly
> Ole
>
> "Ole Germer" wrote in message
> news:E05BD11C8DA0FFD6080AB35158E0807E@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Sweep
> > draw a circle -- one sketch
> > draw a line that the cable will follow-- second sketch
> > sweep.
> > --
> > Ole Germer
> > Helping create better involute profiles for gears
> > http://www.geocities.com/olegermer/index.html
> >
> >
> >
> > "Ken Schumacher" wrote in message
> > news:ECE0D8C66786DE66F7CD77947428603C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > I really under the gun on this one.
> > >
> > > In MDT I could use the 3D part path and create a lanyard in a short
> amount
> > > of time.
> > >
> > > Can I accomplish this with Inventor?
> > >
> > > I have tried to "stepout" the file from MDT, but Inventor will not
> import
> > > it.
> > >
> > > I have posted an example to CF under "Lanyard"
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > > -Ken
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*Schumacher, Ken
Message 7 of 21 (62 Views)

Re:

11-21-2002 11:21 PM in reply to: *Schumacher, Ken
Thank You. :-)


"Ole Germer" wrote in message
news:5671A7C82E63839F2F58EE19FC085964@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I will post something Give me a few minutes.
> Ole
>
> "Ken Schumacher" wrote in message
> news:B4F0AA4F18A1D060D57772E3710511B9@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Sound easy if you've done it before.
> > How about an example?
> >
> > "Ole Germer" wrote in message
> > news:E05BD11C8DA0FFD6080AB35158E0807E@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > Sweep
> > > draw a circle -- one sketch
> > > draw a line that the cable will follow-- second sketch
> > > sweep.
> > > --
> > > Ole Germer
> > > Helping create better involute profiles for gears
> > > http://www.geocities.com/olegermer/index.html
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > "Ken Schumacher" wrote in message
> > > news:ECE0D8C66786DE66F7CD77947428603C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > > I really under the gun on this one.
> > > >
> > > > In MDT I could use the 3D part path and create a lanyard in a short
> > amount
> > > > of time.
> > > >
> > > > Can I accomplish this with Inventor?
> > > >
> > > > I have tried to "stepout" the file from MDT, but Inventor will not
> > import
> > > > it.
> > > >
> > > > I have posted an example to CF under "Lanyard"
> > > >
> > > > Thanks.
> > > > -Ken
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*darvinv
Message 8 of 21 (62 Views)

Re:

11-21-2002 11:24 PM in reply to: *Schumacher, Ken
Also,
If you are really under the gun on it, in mdt use
AMAcisout command, then open>.sat in inventor. It'll take it
right in and make a base solid part.
darvin
*Schumacher, Ken
Message 9 of 21 (62 Views)

Re:

11-21-2002 11:36 PM in reply to: *Schumacher, Ken
Thanks Darvin!
I can live with that to get me out of pistol range. :-)

Would still like to know if this is possible in IV though for future
reference.

Thanks again!


"darvinv" wrote in message
news:29469494E368C01B42BE97B936022CC1@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Also,
> If you are really under the gun on it, in mdt use
> AMAcisout command, then open>.sat in inventor. It'll take it
> right in and make a base solid part.
> darvin
>
>
*Germer, Ole
Message 10 of 21 (62 Views)

Re:

11-21-2002 11:36 PM in reply to: *Schumacher, Ken
I did post something. Real easy!!

--
Ole Germer
Mechanical Machine Design and Drafting Service
http://www3.sympatico.ca/ole.germer/index.html


"Ken Schumacher" wrote in message
news:6704DF7106BBA645E54367B4EE4F8630@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Thanks Darvin!
> I can live with that to get me out of pistol range. :-)
>
> Would still like to know if this is possible in IV though for future
> reference.
>
> Thanks again!
>
>
> "darvinv" wrote in message
> news:29469494E368C01B42BE97B936022CC1@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Also,
> > If you are really under the gun on it, in mdt use
> > AMAcisout command, then open>.sat in inventor. It'll take it
> > right in and make a base solid part.
> > darvin
> >
> >
>
>
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.