Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d Sweep Fails at bends on new computer

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Mech.Mon
805 Views, 6 Replies

3d Sweep Fails at bends on new computer

Hello All,

I am trying to verify my tubing points on a 3d Sketch. I created the a using points and lines. Verified the tubing would work in the model, extracted the points, normalized, translated back to the origin, and rebuild the tube using the "new" points. This is the way that I have always done tubing, however I recently moved to a new computer. There must be some different setting that was set on my old computer, that isn't set on this one, but I cannot find it.

I've tried putting the points in one at a time, importing from excel, larger/smaller tube diameter, larger/smaller bend radius. Either way, the bend won't go past the bend.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mech.Mon
in reply to: Mech.Mon

It seems the problem is with the 3D line:

When I select the 3D curve as the path for the sweep, the entire line pre-highlights as I would expect it to. However, if I select a segment, it appears there is a discontinuity lin the line. I added the tangent constraint, but haven't gotten any further along.

Message 3 of 7
JDMather

Would you be interested in an entirely different technique?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 7
blair
in reply to: JDMather

Post it anyway.

A day that you don't learn something new, is a wasted day.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! This is a known issue starting from 2013. Basically, Sweep command does not properly recognize a path with degenerated point (the point between the two quarter arcs). Currently, you can edit the Sweep and then pick the rest of the segments one by one consecutively.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 7
Mech.Mon
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Well that works, however the Part 2 was created in Inventor 2014 with the exact same method. Odd.

@JDMather, I would like to see this method. Is it backward compatable?

Mon

Message 7 of 7
JDMather

@Mech.Mon wrote:

@JDMather, I would like to see this method. Is it backward compatable? 

Mon

That is why I asked - I will have to create a bunch of images for you to follow as I don't have 2014.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report