Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D sketch precise input tool bar missing the delta angle option

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
fangweiyun
1613 Views, 11 Replies

3D sketch precise input tool bar missing the delta angle option

Hi, All

I am using Inventor 2011 professional. When I try to do 3D sketch and Precise input dialog come out. I can input x,y,z but I can not input the angle from any of x,y,z. There is no angle input button in the dialog only option is to use xyz input. Is it should be no angle input in 3D sketch in this version or do I missing something? Can someone help me out this? I really need to do the precise input for angle in 3D sketch. I appreciate anyone's help. Thanks all.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: fangweiyun

Dimension the angle. 

I can't help but ask why you are even using the 3D sketch or Precise Input. 
When you get finished attach your file here and I'll bet I can show a better way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 12
fangweiyun
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks, that attachment just for show you the input dialog. I want the line go from a point to a angle I want to and the length I want to. I can draw by xyz. but how do I get the angle the client want to? Is this 3d sketch dialog do not have the angle input?

Message 4 of 12
JDMather

How much Inventor training have you had?
How much training in 3D sketches?

I just tried, and angle dimension works for me.

Can you post a hand drawn paper-and-pencil sketch of what you are trying to do?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 12
fangweiyun

can you screen shot your precise input dialog in 3d sketch? can you draw x5,y10, z10degree and next x10<35degree? Thanks

Message 6 of 12
fangweiyun

Thank you for reply. You might missunderstand my question. The question is I do not have the angle input to input the number of angle I want to in 3d sketch mode. I can only to input the xyz. Do you know in 2D sketch preicse input you can input the angle from xyz? but not in 3D sketch. I go to help menu to watch the 3D sketch precise input there is a little drop down menu which you can chose the angle input. That is what I want. In my precise input I do not have that menu. You are well trained inventor guy. Could you solve this problem for me? thank you

Message 7 of 12
JDMather

@fangweiyun wrote:

You might missunderstand my question.

Can you post a hand drawn paper-and-pencil sketch of what you are trying to do?

Message 8 of 12
fangweiyun

Plaese try this. in 3d sketch. draw a line start from x0,y0,z0. next point to be x0,y6,z20degree. how do you input taht angle? thanks

Message 9 of 12
JDMather

@fangweiyun wrote:

... how do you input taht angle? thanks

I put it in with a angular dimension.

Message 10 of 12
fangweiyun

I know you can. but I cant. Could you write the step or attach a screen shot to show me? Thanks

Message 11 of 12
JDMather

line start from x0,y0,z0. next point to be x0,y6,z20degree

Line start point is 0,0,0 endpoint is 0,6 at 20° into the z direction.

Of course I don't understand the point as this could be done more easily with a 2D sketch.  In fact, 3D sketches are much more easily created and especially controlled by 2D sketches.  I was hoping you would provide a hand sketch of a valid reason to do strictly as 3D sketch.

Message 12 of 12
fangweiyun

Thank you very much for your reply. In 2D sketch you only can get the line all in one work plane ofcause you can input whatever angle you want to. What I want to is in 3D sketch I can go any direction I want to. XYZ. My question is in 3D sketch I can input any number in xyz. but I can not input angle like its in 2D sketch. like I said if you screen shot your 3D sketch precise input that would be helpful. Thanks and have good weekend 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report