Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D sketch pipeline

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
artist88
497 Views, 5 Replies

3D sketch pipeline

Hello everyboby, iam working a pipeline isometric simply with a line and a reference point. Every single spool-pipeline is represented with a line at space. I give the coordinates x-y-z of the 2 points of the line but i cant install them (the coordinate numbers) so i can see them at the draft to be able to continue. Any idea ? If i put them by text it is very very time cunsuming.. Every idea could be useful , 

thanks in advance J.K

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
krumpli
in reply to: artist88

There are alot of problems with 3D sketches. I would insert the first line just the way you do, with coordinatesBUT, only add the coordinates of the initial point and not the end point. Then skip the coordinates for the rest of the lines and only continue from a point of the previous line. Make sure you paralell constrain the lines to the original axes, at least those lines that can be constrained this way. 

in reply to: krumpli

you are totally right and this is the tactic i followed but my problem is that i put the initial coordinates and for the end of the line. Then for the next line i have to give the coordinates again adding or removing the distance of previous line. So if i want to do i line i must know the coordinates of the previous point. If iam not enought comprehensive just tell me know i ll display the coordinates with one clik or how can i activate the paraller tool you say ??
Message 4 of 6
JDMather

@artist88 wrote:

Every idea could be useful , 

Nearly all of my 3D sketches are generated by and controlled from 2D sketches.
Much easier to create and far far easier to edit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
krumpli

JDMather; It's an option too, especially if you work with frame generator.

artist88: When  you put the coordinates for the initial line you can chose how to put the next line. Don't choose corrdinate instead just simply click the end of the first line and you have a continuance. So there's no need to add the coordinates again. the coordinates are only important for the first line to start in the origin.

When you set your second line you can choos what in what plane to draw the line. you see three planes where you click to put the second line. The "parelell tool" is somply the paralell contraint. In 3D sketch most of the constraints are unavailable due to obvious reasons, but the paralell contraints is the one you mostly use. 

Bottom line, you don't need to add the first line with coordinates if you need a specific length, you just simply put the first point for the the first line in the origin and the second point wherever else and then dimension the line.

in reply to: krumpli

thanks very useful advise but its a little more complex because of the too many isometrics i have to do. You are right , and i found an other way but i cant apply it, I made an excel paper with all coordinates x-y-z and i try to use the tool ''point'' (at inventor 2012) but in vain.. If you know how that tool work please help...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report