Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d sketch help pleeeeeeaaaaase

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ryan.sanderson
1077 Views, 4 Replies

3d sketch help pleeeeeeaaaaase

Hi

Im struggling to create the drawing which I require.

I've attached a couple of pics which show roughly what is required.

The problem Im having is when carrying out a 3d sketch, I would like the arc or even a spline to have a controllable radius in two directions.

Please take a look at my pics to help understanding easier.

I need to do this so that the curve sketched is equivalent of being drawn on a curved surface, I need good technique as I have numerous curves to draw, increasing in size the further away from the centre they get as I creating an impeller bladeCapturejkjkjkjkjk.JPGCapturenbbnnbnbn.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
udayag
in reply to: ryan.sanderson

Can you create two surfaces and get their intersection? (The first surface is a horizontal cylinder, and the second is an extrusion of a circular arc)

Udaya Gunasena
Fusion Development
Autodesk
Message 3 of 5
cwhetten
in reply to: ryan.sanderson

Something like this?  Extruding as surfaces isn't even necesssary.  Just create the two 2D sketches, then create a 3D sketch and intersect the first two sketches.

Attached file is 2012.

Message 4 of 5
JimSteinmeyer
in reply to: cwhetten

Would this 3D sketch then be patterned around the circle on sketch 1? Ryan mentioned the need for several arcs so I assume they would be arrayed around the circle.

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
Message 5 of 5

thanks for all your help guys, managed to get the desired effect, I drew two two 2d images and then used the 3d image to intersect the line. very clever great advice thanks

Capturebb.JPGCapturebbb.JPGCaptureiuuu.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report