Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D printing FEA texture export to use on 3D printed parts.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1353 Views, 6 Replies

3D printing FEA texture export to use on 3D printed parts.

Hi,

I work in a school and we recently got a 3D printer that does full color.

We use Autodesk inventor and we want to us ethe stress analysis color map and apply it to the 3d and print it for education.

I have done a stress analysis of a part but the visual result seem to be impossible to convert in a jpeg or bmp extension to map .

Does anyone know how to have the actual FEA mapping exported in Jpeg or image file?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the forums! This sounds like a cool idea, but I'm pretty sure that the only outputs from the stress analysis environment are the report and any images that you save.  JD will be able to confirm this, but I'd say this is one for the ideastation.

Message 3 of 7
blair

The closest, would be Simulation mechanical, You can overlay the output on the object as a "paint" finish.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 7
blair
in reply to: blair

This was done in Simulation Mechanical and then exported to Showcase just to add the base shadows.Assembly7_FEA.jpg

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hi, this is a good start.

Do you mind pointing out what plugging/or addon you used?

I am preparing a FEA for a part and I would like to export the texture of the result. Even if its a paint over into, lets say maya and save in VRML or ZPR file.

Thanks!!!

Message 6 of 7
blair

I did the FEA within Autodesk Simulation Mechanial, then exported the results as a FBX which I then imported into Autodesk Showcase. Used the "White-Room" eviroment to generate the floor shadows with the lights.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you good sir!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report