Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Points

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nmcmillian
269 Views, 3 Replies

3D Points

Hello Everyone!

I have received another file that contains multiple points from a 3D sketch. These are supposed to symbolize spot welds but become difficult to see when layered over multiple details.

My question now is, is it possible to take this file full of 3D sketch points and make them say, small spheres? The only way I have found so far was to create a sphere and paste this multiple times in the file, which also makes it necessary to move the pasted sphere around all three axis' to line it up directly with the point, and I have to do this anywhere between 15 and 200 times.

I cannot replace the file with an object because all the points are associated with one detail. If I replace the detail it will replace every 3D point with only one object. When I tried to import the file as a DWG into AutoCAD the workspace remains blank but the file was imported.

Any ideas or tricks I could try to make this task faster or easier? Once I could deal with but this issue has come up multiple times.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: nmcmillian

Hi! I am not sure if it will help. If you are looking for a way to make the points bigger visually, you can change "Annotation scale" option in Tools -> Application Options -> General. The valid range is between 0.2 to 5. Try it and see if it helps.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
nmcmillian
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I need to replace the points with a 3D object. The best thing Ive found since I posted this morning was to use grid snap from the center point of a sphere pasted in to the window and snap it to the 3D sketch point. Its simple to do but I had to do this 231 times and this is a reoccuring issue.

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: nmcmillian

Did you post a similar problem several months back under a different user name?

If not, I thought someone else had the same problem and coded a solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report