Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D mouse

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
GarySchmitz3154
369 Views, 5 Replies

3D mouse

I use a 3D connexions mouse with INV2014. there seems to be a random dropping of connection betweem INV and the mouse. i try to restart the driver and the message comes up that the driver is already running.i turn the mouse off and  back on and still no connection i unplug the mouse and still no connection. I check the the computer to mouse connection by using the 3D connexion trainer. if i close INV and restart the program the connection comes back. This works however sometimes it takes time to close and save several open models within the instance of INV open and when multiple instances of INV are open it can take up to 10 min to close and reopen. The Question.... 1.Is my system the only one with this bad behavior or is there someone else expirencing this? 2.Is there a solution for this behavior?

Best Regards
Gary Schmitz
Dell Precision M3800
Core I7, 2.3GHZ, 16G Ram, Quadro K1100M 24In Monitor
Product Design Suite Premium 2016
3D Connexions Wireless
ProNest 2015
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

While I haven't heard of this affecting Inventor, since you have PDS installed, do you by chance have the 3dconnexion mouse driver loaded for AutoCAD as well?

The 3dconnexion mouse driver works for up to AutoCAD 2010 but installs itself anyway if you have 2011, not sure about newer versions.  So the driver Autodesk now provides for 3dconnexion devices will duke it out with the 3dconnexion driver and that usually causes problems with Acad.  The solution there is to disable the AutoCAD option within the 3dconnexion driver thru the Control Panel.

I wouldn't be surprised if this might be your situation if for example you also have AutoCAD running at the same time Inventor is like many of us do.

SOmething to check, may not be your cause.

Message 3 of 6

I do have Mechanical 2014 running 99% of the time i have INV running.  I am going to try disabiling the acad portion as soon as i locate it in the control panel.

Best Regards
Gary Schmitz
Dell Precision M3800
Core I7, 2.3GHZ, 16G Ram, Quadro K1100M 24In Monitor
Product Design Suite Premium 2016
3D Connexions Wireless
ProNest 2015
Message 4 of 6
blair
in reply to: GarySchmitz3154

I had some USB issues, updating of the motherboard bios which had some tweeks for USB as well as updating my 3dConnexion drivers solved the problem. You might want to check with your PC manufacture if there are any Bios updates for your system.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 6
salariua

I used to disconnect the plug and reconnect it a couple of times. I had an extension on the desk to make it easyer. Sometimes it workd the first time while on others it took 4-5 times to get it back.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 6 of 6
graemev

I use their Space Explorer and on rare occasion it will appear not to work, usually in the middle of editing a file.  Oddly enough, using F4 and the regular mouse to do a "manual" rotation seems to bring the 3D mouse back to life.  I don't know why, I just know it works for me.  Your mileage may vary.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report