Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D model of lever action toggle clamp for 3D Printing.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CJ.10E-10mm
2963 Views, 4 Replies

3D model of lever action toggle clamp for 3D Printing.

Hello everybody,

Does anyone know where I can obtain a 3D model of a plastic toggle clamp.

I am currently designing a set of moulds for casting resin medical components and I need to be able to hold the 2 box parts together with a standard lever action clamp on either side.

It’s the sort of thing one sees on dozens of different items every day from simple tool boxes to air-tight food containers.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

CJJ

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: CJ.10E-10mm

@CJ.10E-10mm wrote:

Hello everybody,

Does anyone know where I can obtain a 3D model of a plastic toggle clamp.

I am currently designing a set of moulds for casting resin medical components and I need to be able to hold the 2 box parts together with a standard lever action clamp on either side.

It’s the sort of thing one sees on dozens of different items every day from simple tool boxes to air-tight food containers.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

CJJ

And there is only a million different variations on a "toggle clamp"..

One might suggest finding the manufacturer or a site that sells the exact one you want and offers a 3d step/iges file to download..

mcmaster sells lots of mechanica stuff and has 3d models of most of it.. maybe soutchco... maybe misumi.

maybe this one http://grabcad.com/library/overcentre-toggle-clamp or similar sites like that.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
CJ.10E-10mm
in reply to: mcgyvr

Dear mcgyvr,

Thank you, the linked item is a bit too heavy duty for my requirements. But thank you for taking the trouble all the same, I am most grateful.

In the event no alternative solutions are forthcoming, it seems that I will have to endeavour to purchase a product fitted with a suitable plastic toggle clamp and physically scan it and introduce it into Inventor as an image.

Thank you once again.

cjj

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: CJ.10E-10mm

autodesk.partcommunity.com

Examples of suppliers:

- Elesa+Ganter

- DE-STA-CO

Message 5 of 5
CJ.10E-10mm
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi paul.huppertz,

Thank you for your kind suggestions. Unfortunately they only offered high performance metal clamps.

This in turn made me stop and think more of the practicality of the project; namely that I didn’t want to risk vibrating the mold assembly and thus decided upon a more traditional fine bolted fixing.

So I opted to produce matching projecting flanges in which I was able to insert M8 threaded brass inserts reference FSUK-PUH from the underside.- http://www.fasteningsolutionsuk.com/?page_id=120.

8mm threaded insert into bottom flange.    M8-brass-insert.jpg     This enabled me to apply a simple M8 Thumb Screw for easy screw tight installation. http://www.wdsltd.co.uk/product/3553/thumb-screw-303-stainless-steel-wds-8917

Stainless Steel Thumb Screw.

M8-Thumb-Screw.jpg

This is the end result.

Mold-with-thumbscrews.jpg

Mold-with-thumbscrew.jpg

So a big thank you to both Paul.Huppertz and mcgyvr for their kind and valuable assistance.

Without help from fellow colleagues my learning curve would be far more protracted and fragmented.

So a big thank you to all those that have helped me in recent months.

cjj

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report