Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d Grips missing

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
gstaver45331
1154 Views, 8 Replies

3d Grips missing

I have a customer who has a Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011 setup. The are using Inventor 2012. All of the projects are stored on a share on this server. All of the workstations are Windows 7 x64 and are joined to the domain. Everything works fine except they cannot access the 3D Grips while logged in as a domain user. If the log into their workstation as a local user rather than a domain user then the 3d Grips are available. How do I make it so that the 3D Grips are available while logged in as a domain user?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
gstaver45331
in reply to: gstaver45331

I should add that each domain user has local admin rights to their own pc.

Message 3 of 9
SBix26

It might be as simple as Options settings, which are specific to the user login.  Check Application Options > Part tab > Enable 3D grips.

On the other hand, why do they need 3D grips?  I have never used them except to play with when the functionality was first introduced.  I'm sure they're useful in certain kinds of design work, but they also can tempt a user to take shortcuts that create problems down the road.  But I'm willing to learn if someone can demonstrate their usefulness.

Message 4 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: SBix26

@sbixler wrote:

On the other hand, why do they need 3D grips?  I have never used them ......

That was my first reaction, "What are these 3D Grips you speak of?"
OK, I would be concerned if there was some functionality that wasn't available in the scenario described - even if I never use it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
gstaver45331

The issue has been resolved. It was a security issue with some Inventor registry entries. Once I changed those then it started working. Thanks to everyone trying to help me.

Message 6 of 9

I am creating a 3D solid model. And it was fine until today. I lost my 3D Grip arrow to allow me to adjust the extruded height. I create a box or circle and then i extrude it to the desired height. But, then if i want to adjust the height of that, i can't because the arrow grip, that allows you to be able to click on it and drag it to a new height or type in the distance i want to move the height to is missing. I didn't change any system variables, not on purpose anyway. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Message 7 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: JLiraBakerRisk

Simply edit the feature.

Are you using Autodesk Inventor

or

are you using Inventor Fusion?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
JLiraBakerRisk
in reply to: JDMather

I am actually using AutoCAD English 2014. If I close the drawing and reopen it, i lose that feature or the grips/arrow that allows me to stretch the model. But, if i leave AutoCAD and the DWG open and just continue, it maintains the editing feature. Crazy. I never had that problem.

Message 9 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: JLiraBakerRisk

@JLiraBakerRisk wrote:

I am actually using AutoCAD English 2014.

You have posted your question in the Inventor forum.

I recommend you post your question over here

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-2015/bd-p/706

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report