Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32-bit host program shutting down

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
marcus.mceachen
849 Views, 3 Replies

32-bit host program shutting down

Hello all,

I am the only person in my office using a 64-bit version of Inventor 2009 with Vista Business.

We have a VBA program written to export the i-properties of part thru the templates. Currently when I open a part with the VBA programing i get the attached error dialog box. I tried a reinstall of Inventor and installing all the hot fixes and service packs, still i get the error. I have searched the discussion groups for this issue and nothing.

Please help!

Marcus Edited by: marcus.mceachen@meggitt.com on Jun 1, 2009 9:04 AM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
swalton
in reply to: marcus.mceachen

I'm not a programmer but, does VBA need to be re-written/compiled for 64 bit Vista?

Our vendor wrote some custom add-ins for IV for us and had to provide two installers: one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 4
MjDeck
in reply to: marcus.mceachen

It can be difficult to use VBA in 64-bit Inventor. I would recommend posting this question in the Inventor Customization forum.

If your program is relatively short, you could consider converting it to an iLogic rule. This is in VB.NET. For a small program, this should be easier than writing an Inventor addin.
(iLogic is available to subscription customers.)

Mike

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 4
cwhetten
in reply to: MjDeck

I am running Inventor 2011, 64-bit.  I am not running any macros or vba or anything like that.  I just launch Inventor, and the inventor32bithost.exe process launches.

What is this process for, anyway?  Is it supposed to launch when Inventor launches, or is something wrong that causes this to launch?  Are there pieces of 64-bit Inventor that need a 32-bit environment or something?

-cwhetten

--Edit: Added system specs--

IV2011 Professional
Build 239

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Dell T3500, Intel Xeon Duo 2.40 GHz, 6 GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800, 768 MB
Driver Ver: 197.85
Dual Monitors, 1280x1024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report