Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 sec .avi file max render length

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
861 Views, 5 Replies

30 sec .avi file max render length

I am using Inventor 11 professional and I am trying to create an animation. I have all of the constraints in place and everything is working fine. My animation is currently 38 secs long. When I go to specify the length of animation that I would like to render to an avi file, inventor will not let me create a rendered file past 30 seconds. What can I do about this?

Is there a default setting I can change, or is inventor set to a max of 30 seconds for animation output? Thanks for the help, (There is a screen shot attached where the error is in red)

Ryan
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, this is a known limitation, the only option is
to render a couple of short clips and then put them together with something like
MovieMaker.

--
AIP 2009 sp1
Dell Precision 690
Dual Quad Core E5320 @
1.86GHz
4Gb DDR SDRam - 667 Mhz, ECC
SAS 146Gb - 15k rpm
Quadro FX3500
256Mb - Driver: 178.26 Bios: 5.71.22.55.08
Direct 3D
XP Pro Sp3 
3Gb/2800
Space Explorer USB, release: 3.6.10 driver 6.6.4 firmware 3.17

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
am using Inventor 11 professional and I am trying to create an animation. I
have all of the constraints in place and everything is working fine. My
animation is currently 38 secs long. When I go to specify the length of
animation that I would like to render to an avi file, inventor will not let me
create a rendered file past 30 seconds. What can I do about this? Is there a
default setting I can change, or is inventor set to a max of 30 seconds for
animation output? Thanks for the help, (There is a screen shot attached where
the error is in red) Ryan
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Well I thought the only problem was that the entire render could not be longer than 30 seconds, but it seems as if I am wrong again. Let's say that I have a 45 sec. animation. I just want to render the animation in the time period from 30 secs to 45 secs. Inventor will not let me render this 15 sec. clip into an .avi because I entered a value over 30 secs? Is there a way to get around this, or am I stuck with taking a 20 station machining process and splitting them into 20 different assemblies and creating 5 sec. animations for all of them, and them importing them into a movie maker equivalent software?

Ryan
Message 4 of 6
todd_cannon

Ryan,
When you created the animation, what was the timeline set to? I have created a video clip of 45 seconds. Look at the attachment to see what I am going to describe. When you create the animation, there is an animation options tool button in the top right corner of the animation timeline dialog box. Click on that and you can change the length of the animation. When you close the options box, you should see the timeline change to agree. Then when you click on the record button to render the file, you should be able to change the length of the rendered file. I think the 30 seconds is a default. You can't render the animation longer than the animation is originally. Hope this answers your question.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for the help. I have figured out the root cause of this problem. I had a video production activated as well as an animation. Since a video production takes precedence over the animation in terms of rendering, the production timeline was defaulted to 30 seconds which in turn only allowed me to render for the 30 sec. time frame. I simply dragged an extra camera view in place which lengthened the video producer timeline to a minute. I am now able to render longer than 30 seconds. Yay! Problem solved and lots of animating to do. Thanks for the hints,

RB
Message 6 of 6
drspringer

Thank you. Why are these things so hard to find.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report