Inventor General Discussion

*Pro
jletcher
Message 11 of 13 (133 Views)

Re: 2D to 3D

09-12-2012 08:44 AM in reply to: dbrblg

I looked at you sample can you explain what it is to be honest I cant tell.. :smileyhappy:

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

James Letcher
2012 Factory Design Suite ( will not load 2013)
What happen to my Inventor :-(
*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 12 of 13 (119 Views)

09-12-2012 10:21 AM in reply to: dbrblg

The tool didn't work very well anyways. I know, I tried using it myself and was quickly frustrated. In the end, unless you have way complex geometery, you're much better off drawing it from scratch in Inventor. You'll find it to be faster and resulting in a better, friendlier model.

The fact is, there's just too much different about drawing in AutoCAD versus drawing in Inventor for there to ever be an easy button.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Distinguished Contributor
dbrblg
Message 13 of 13 (86 Views)

09-12-2012 11:05 PM in reply to: JDMather

The dimension does not make much sense as this was quickly bashed together, from the original, for demonstration purposes :smileyhappy:

Thanks guys, for your opinions.  We'll have to look at each drawing and decide whether it is worth using Inventor Sketches or redrawing....I suspect the later in most cases.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.