Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Drawing Itemised NIGHTMARE

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
adnan-psr
338 Views, 6 Replies

2D Drawing Itemised NIGHTMARE

I was hoping if someone could help me out on this. I have a 2D drawing of an aseembly containing more than 2000 refractrory bricks. 

The first sheet conists of a custimised Parts list i.e. each type of part used, is given a predefined item number which is based on our product catalogue.

1. Now problem is if I Autoballoon it puts ridiculous amount of balloons all over the place even going outside sheet area. Rerranging them takes huge amount of time and is not worth it.

I want the balloons to be placed in the middle of each brick

2. Second option (which I uses) is to go into individual sheet and manually balloon every single brick part i.e. in excess of 2000 parts per drawing file. 

This process takes days if not weeks. I am hoping if someone could ease my pain as this is not what I expected from Inventor. It is supposed to speed up the Process but when compared to AutoCAD its taking me 3 times longer to do the same task.

Many Thanks

Core i7-2630K
12GB dual channel Corsair XMS3
Nvidia quadro 2000
128 vortex 2 SSD
WD 7200rpm Black
Asus P8P67 DELUXE
Product Design Suite 2012 Ultimate
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: adnan-psr

Why would you model the individual bricks rather than simply the geometry form and do a simple calculation for the number of bricks?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
adnan-psr
in reply to: JDMather

Those refractory bricks are part of the overall 3D assembly which made of various subassemblies including refractory bricks i.e. course by course. Plus I need to show crosssectio view etc HENCE I appreciate you surgesstion but its not an option.

Core i7-2630K
12GB dual channel Corsair XMS3
Nvidia quadro 2000
128 vortex 2 SSD
WD 7200rpm Black
Asus P8P67 DELUXE
Product Design Suite 2012 Ultimate
Message 4 of 7
kstate92

Would be impractical to emboss or decal the brick (bricks?) with the predefined item number on the face(s) that could be an analogue of a centrally-placed balloon?

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 5 of 7
Daniel248

>"I want the balloons to be placed in the middle of each brick"

Just thinking laterally here, for a moment:

- one idea would be to "Stamp" the brick part models with a small embossing or a bitmap, uniquely identifying the part. If your drawing is big enough that a balloon would fit in the middle of the brick, this "Stamp" will also be visible;  Then, use custom numbers in the table to match...

- another idea is to to use a colour scheme for the bricks (all bricks the same = same colour), no numbers, then a Legend for cross-reference, no balloons....

How many identical bricks in this 2000 lot?

How many types of identical bricks?

(I've never used autoballoon, nor intend to do so in the future...)

Message 6 of 7
Daniel248
in reply to: kstate92

Glad to see we think alike kstate92 - only saw your post after I've pushed the button ;-))

Cheers,

Danny

Message 7 of 7
kstate92
in reply to: Daniel248

Heh.  I thought you beat me.  I forgot to mention when he wrote refractory brick, I thought of the Space Shuttle and how each tile is (was Smiley Sad) unique and had their individual part number stamped on the face.

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report